The Diner.

Your feet drug across the concrete of the sidewalk, your head hanging low just like your shoulders.
Your stomach was in a constant fight with your back bone.

Every other minute your stomach was growling, begging for food. It was taking a major toll on your body. Every step you took was risking a black out.

It had been about an hour and a half of walking, mostly just the sound of cars driving by. Justin kept his mouth shut, and going by the look on his face you kept your mouth shut as well.

"Justin." You spoke, coming to a stop, the sun beating down on your body.

"What." He said with a raspy voice. His large hand pushing his blonde hair back.

"Can we please stop. I can't go any further. I'm starving." You said, holding your hand up to block the sun from burning your skin anymore.

He looked you in your eye before checking his surroundings. "There's a diner just up ahead." He spoke, continuing his pace seconds later. You shrugged yourself walking behind him with a sluggish look.

It was about ten minutes before you two reached the little diner. You both stepped inside, seating yourself at a booth in the back. Taking your seat was like heaven.

Resting your sore bones. You've never been more excited to be sitting on a hard diner booth. This is a first for you.

You opened your menu, your eyes looking over all the stomach growling choices. At this point, you couldn't careless of what was set in front of you.

Justin didn't even open his menu, he stared out the window, his head jerking towards the door each time it opened and closed.

"Hi!" Can I start you two off with a beverage?" A nice lady asked, her blue orbs traveling between you and Justin.

"Water please." You spoke, your mouth dry along with your lips. "Same." Justin mumbled, glancing up at her before pulling his phone from his pocket.

She quickly disappeared into the back, preparing the drinks. She soon returned setting the waters to the table. You grabbed the drink, sucking down half of It within seconds.

You ignored the look on the lady's face, loving the cold liquid rolling down your dry throat.

She took yours and Justin's order, leaving the table with her notepad in hand. You watched her walk off, entering the kitchen with a sway of her hips.

Your eyes then met with Justin's for the first time since taking your seat. You knew he was angry, but you needed answers. You weren't going to be dragged on this horror filled trip without knowing what's going on.

Less then 3 hours ago, you had a gun to your head. You're still shookn up.

"Justin. Who were those guys at your house? What do they want with you?" You asked, feeling chills take hold of your skin just by the thought of them.

Justin huffed, pushing his hair from his face.
His tongue darted out just to wet his lips, leaving them glossy.

"About two years ago i was on duty and I got a call about drug dealers in this trashy neighborhood. It wasn't rare there. I've been to that place more then I can count for the same exact reasons." He stopped to take a drink of his water.

"When I got there, I knocked on the door, it was just me. The guy with dark hair you saw today, Derek. He came to the door. I asked him some questions and searched the house. But once I got to one of the bedrooms, he started getting aggressive and started throwing shit. I tried to talk him down until he pulled a gun on me. Long story short, shots were fired and one of those shots I made, ended up hitting his girlfriend that crossed my path. I had no clue she was there, as far as i was concerned it was only him and one other guy." He said, his eyes dropping.

"Anyways." He said with a crack in his deep voice.

"I busted him and his friend Damon, the guy that tied you to the chair. They got two years." Justin said, sighing as he replayed thoughts.

"I will never forgive myself for killing her." He said, his eyes staring into space, his fingers gripping his glass with a tightness.

You reached over, placing your hand over top of his, bringing him back from his dark place.
"You didn't mean too. It was an accident." You said.

Justin parted his lips to speak but he was interrupted by the waitress.

"Alright! Two burgers and fries." She said laying the plates on the table, kindly refilling the drinks with a glass pitcher of water.

"Thanks." Justin faintly mumbled, avoiding eye contact with anyone. He put a few fries in his mouth, along with on his burger. Men.

"Just let me know if you need anything." She smiled before leaving the table.

You looked down at your plate, your fingers reaching for a crispy French frie. You took a bite, chewing it. After about the second bite, you felt your stomach tense.

Your throat becoming heavy. You frowned, pulling your lips inside your mouth. You cupped your hand over your mouth, sliding out of the booth with a quickness.

You ran through the building, darting into the restroom. You found the first stall, lunging for the toilet. You thew up into the bowl, your hands resting on the cold stone wall.

Mostly stomach ascid coming up, along with the one French frie. You held your stomach with your palm, heaving a few more times.

You relaxed, sitting on the bathroom floor, you sat there, reaching up flushing the toilet. What was the cause of this?

You brought yourself to stand to your feet, wiping your mouth. You stumbled out of the stall, stepping up to the sink. You washed your hands, glancing up at yourself. You looked horrible but that's another issue.

You exited the bathroom, awkwardly walking through the little diner. You saw Justin sitting at the booth in the back, he stood to his feet when he saw you coming.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his dark eyes taking hold of your, along with his hand gripping your side. You faintly nodded, sliding into the booth right when he did.

"I threw up, I have no clue why." You said, wiping the corner of your mouth. Justin stared at you from across the table, his eyebrows pulled into a frown.

"You threw up?" He questioned, a strange look in his eye.

"It's probably just my nerves, that's all." You pushed it aside, taking a bite of your food.

You felt Justin's eyes burning a hole through your head, but you ignored him. You just wanted to eat and forget this day ever happened.