Chapter 12

Taehyung's POV

Jimin looks at me with pleading eyes, pleading to know my family, pleading to know my past.

And I hesitate. I don't want him to know my depressing past. The half of me that I'd prefer to get rid of. Would this information cause him to change his mind about me?

Mostly, I'm scared to remember. To remember the point in my life when everything changed for the worst.

Parts of it is a blur, but talking about it might make those parts clear, and I'm not sure if I want that.

"Please," he says as his eyes beg me to tell him. I sigh at the sight, finally giving in to his request. He really wants to know more about me.

He told me why he wanted to know my past, but I still don't understand how this helps are relationship as friends. But I'll tell him, if it would make him feel better about us, then I'll tell him.

"Alright," I say as I sit back down on the bed." I'll tell you. But it's not that interesting."

"That's fine," he says while giving me his full attention.

I take a few minutes to think about those closed off memories.

Well first, I can't remember what my family looked like. Our family was pretty average at best.

We weren't poor or rich, nor did we have a bad relationship or the most loving. But we here happy; at least that's what I thought.

My dad would always give me tough love when I was growing up.

It's not that he hated me, but I was pretty skinny when I was younger;I still am.

I was also shy and didn't talk much, so I didn't interact with other children, and because of that, I irritated a lot of other kids.

I would get into fights, even though I did nothing to start them. And every time I'll come running back to my parents.

My dad took me to play "manly" sports like basketball or football so that I would look " tougher".One of the kids that picked a fight with me even saw me playing football at the neighborhood park.

That didn't stop the physical bullying though. It got so bad, that my parents decide that we should move somewhere else and I get home schooled. Actually, the place we moved to is where I live right now.

I didn't mind not having friends my age, or siblings that I could always play with, because my parents will always keep me happy.

It was the same routine everyday. My dad would go off to work by giving my mom a kiss and rubbing my head.

My mom would go cook and I would help in the kitchen. We would also sit on the couch together watching action movies or play a board game in my room. Then when my dad came home, we would eat dinner altogether, and they'd toke me into bed together.

But my dad started coming home later and later. He wouldn't give my mom a kiss anymore, but he still rubbed my head, and he'd sometimes toke me into bed; depending on the time.

Everyday my mom and I would cook, and most nights my dad's share of food would be untouched.

My parent never use to fight, but now that I think back, they probably just didn't fight in front of me.