The Sleep Over

(Kazuto's POV)

I felt her tremble in my arms as she said this.

"I've missed her since she went mental. But at least I could hold her hand. At least I could look into her eyes. But, if I decide she dies, I won't be able to do that anymore," she mumbled. I rubbed her arm, and pulled her closer.

"I took her for granted," she whimpered.

She tucked her head in the crook of my neck.

"I think I need to pull the plug," she murmured. I felt her hot breath against my neck, and felt a tear drop from her cheek and hit my skin.

I kissed the top of her head, and caressed her hair. I held her like a child, trying to ease her pain with my touch. Until visiting hours were over. We stayed like that for about a hour.

Shino told the doctor she would like to stop using the machine that keeps her mom alive tomorrow. I've never seen her so grim before.

When she walked back to me, she instantly leaned on me, her forehead landed on my chest. She doesn't have much strength right now. I can tell.

"Before we go home, I'd like to go to my dad's grave, please?" She spoke weakly into my shirt.

"Oh course," I rubbed the top of her head.

We left the hospital, and she lead me to the graveyard. It was pretty nice. There was no patch of dry grass, and it was filled with colorful flowers.

Except for one, which only had dried ones.

"This him?" I mumbled as she knelt down next to it, and I followed her lead.

We both bowed down to it before we sat on our knees.

"You don't know how your parents were like, right?" She turned to me. I frowned and shook my head.

"My aunt doesn't like talking about it. Neither did my grandfather. I don't have a single memory of my mom's embrace. Or my fathers face. Nothing," I looked down, because my eyes began to fill with tears.

"That seems awfully painful," she murmured. I wipe the tears away and looked towards her. Her stared vacantly at the grave.

"You lost parents you never knew. I lost my parents that raised me. Two of the worst pains anyone can go through," she started. A sigh escaped her lips before she began to speak again.

"It pains you because you never knew, and the mystery haunts you, nonstop. It pains me because I know what I'm missing out on, because I had experienced their love, their affections, hugs and kisses, and was suddenly I was cut off from that. Two different kinds of pains, yet they hurt just the same," Shino sighed and had a a sad smile, with tears trailing down her cheeks and down her neck.

"Shino," I mumbled. She looked at me with a weak smile that tore me apart.

"Maybe next time we can visit your parents, if you don't mind me coming along," She asked almost pleadingly. Before she knew it, I pulled her closer, with a sorrowful smile of my own.

"I don't want to go alone anymore, and I'm glad its you that accompanies me," I whispered.

"You will never feel so lonely anymore, not if I can help it," she mumbled. I sighed blissfully, relieved to hear these words I've been aching to hear for so long. Words no one dared speak to me.

That night we became closer. We continued to become closer over the past few days but today we're inseparable. Not because we're too dependent on each other. But because we both found someone that we couldn't afford to lose, each other.