Chapter One

I hate spring. 

Three words that seemed to trail inside Alfred's thoughts as he gazed outside at the spring rain showers. Most were heavy during the season, others were light. To others it seemed calm and light, adding a little pretty rainbow at the end. But for Alfred it only reminded him of dreadful things. It reminded him of his high school days.

He grumbled in disgust at the damp cold sight before pulling on a warm raincoat and scarf, he snatched up his Black umbrella that needed to be replaced  by it's obvious ware.

Alfred often found his routine to be similar. when he was working he would use a simple train route to get to the Tokyo police station. If you could guess his job it was mostly desk work. Otherwise he was a meter maid. Embarrassing as it was he didn't mind getting out once in a while. But it was still a hellish job.

The train at seven in the morning seemed moderately quiet, with the occasional highschoolers talking amongst one another softly, careful to not disturb the other passengers. Alfred glimpsed at the youth.

"And then you'll never believe what Kiku said next-!" started a young girls voice.

" I can already guess it was along the lines of you being too close in her personal space Ja?" spoke up the albino german.

The other who stood as tall as the Albino nodded, " Ja, I vill agree to that."

Alfred suddenly blinked once again when the group of girls whispered something and giggled loudly which made him flush and look away out of embarrassment. 

He pushed up his glasses and quickly rushed off as soon as the train doors opened to let passengers on and off. The wind blew slightly which made him chilled and annoyed. He walked down the steps of the platform and opened his umbrella, walking with the tapping sound of his shoes mixed in with the baby puddles that gathered on the ground.

When he walked past a clothing department window, he also noticed an old toy shop next to it. In it was a familiar stuffed bear.

" For me? really?"

Alfred nodded happily. "I-It's all I could get for how much I saved up with allowance."

The small frail boy smiled and hugged it with his strength, " Thanks...Alfie..."

The memory slowly drifted away. He didn't even notice that he was at the stations steps when he looked up and sighed, fixing his scarf and walking up and into the doors shaking off the umbrella before walking towards the back of the place to clock in. 

The sounds of multiple voices speaking on phones, papers being filed, cops shouting at criminals. Even the clicking of mug shot photos seemed to drone and echo inside Alfred's head.

With a click he was clocked in for the day, he was clapped on his back by his fellow co-worker Antonio Carrideo who was in charge of writing up special reports and documents regarding Class five cases. Class five being Murders, serial killers, gangs, drug busts.

" Hola mi amigo! how goes it on this beautiful day!?" he exclaimed happily.

Alfred glanced at him and sighed, " How can you be so happy about such depressing weather?" 

Antonio smirked and walked with him to their desks. " Oh come now, it's refreshing after the cold smoggy winter we currently had right?"

Alfred sighed and took off his raincoat to reveal a light blue button up shirt with a simple black tie. His badge in its place on his shirt. " Sure, um I guess?"

Antonio grinned and sat down at his desk that was next to Alfred's and leaned in, " So are you going to finally come with me tonight?"

Alfred opened his desk file drawer and paused before bluntly answering, " I-I don't know....probably not." 

The Spaniards smile grew weak slightly before he tried to get him excited, " Well yes, but I heard that he's going to be there tonight."

Alfred paused while looking through some documents, his eyes stayed glued to the pages, the words fluttering off as if it had none on it.

" So...your name is Alfred? The name is Arthur...." 

The young man who had a slim figure and wore a simple t-shirt. His messy blonde hair that reached his shoulders slightly from it's outgrowth made his eyes simply light up from how bright and big they were. Such beautiful eyes. Alfred had indeed taken a fancy to this guy. Including his sexy accent.

" Arthur, like king Arthur or a famous novelist?" Alfred asked, taking a sip from his read solo cup.

Arthur chuckled and shook his head, " No, no. Just Arthur."

Alfred cracked a smile as the two casually flirted with one another. Of course as they changed scenery, things progressed into a heated make out session on Arthur's pullout couch. Alfred pulled back and smirked at Arthur who was blushing and grinning.

" You sir are quite the smashing kisser." he pecked Alfred's lips once again.

Alfred pushed some hair out of the Brit's face and smiled. " Hey...would I be too quick, if I asked you out?"

Arthur blushed and shook his head happily before kissing the american boy erotically.

Antonio was talking about something when Alfred shook his head. " Yeah I will honestly take a rain check tonight.  It seems that will only make things awkward if I go."

Antonio sighed, " Well....I was ordered to bring you....so if I must I will drag you there by simple force."

Alfred glanced at him, of course he knew when he was serious about some things. Even on practical jokes, he nearly beat up his friend Francis to death for it. 

So with a heaving sigh he nodded slowly, " Whatever. Fine...I'll go."

" Si! Yes! Gracias! I will buy you a round tonight, promise!" he said happily before standing up and giving a thumbs up to which the albino mimicked and laughed loudly.

Quickly he got right down into his work, typing as quick as his eighty words per minute could show amongst his superiors. Abrubtly he was disturbed when the Chief called him into the office which made him cringe. The man was a democrat. Kidding, he was rather odd, but he did give you well manageable jobs.

But...Just what would the chief want with little old, office working, Meter maid Jones?

( As always, Comment - Vote - Continue Reading~)