Chapter No.14 : First day at Slimmer Club

Start bij het begin

"Listen, Anna, you don't need to be afraid of anything. Just do what you want to do and show the world that you are not here for their use,'' Mom said as she patted my shoulder.

''I will be okay, mom," I replied.

''Hello, I'm Jennifer. How can I help you?'' she asked my mom politely.

''This is Dr. Allison's card, and I'm Suzanne Wilson. I'm here for my daughter, Anna,'' Mom replied, tenderly placing her hand on my shoulder. I gave Jennifer a small smile.

I was trying to read ''Seventeen Magazine'' when I noticed the blonde woman focus on me. Her eyes stared at me for a couple of seconds and I placed the magazine down in front of me–- trying to ignore my now clammy hands. Sensing my feelings, the blonde lady smiled at my mum reassuringly.

''Oh, I know about Anna," she assured my mom, "Dr. Allison is a good friend of mine. We will take care of her."

Handing the receptionist a wodge of green paper, I tried not to gasp when I saw how much my mom was paying. She just laughed at me., "It's no problem."

I was feeling bad about  this.

''Okay, Anna! Just take care of yourself and be brave. Don't be shy, and use your instincts in the right way. I want to see a different Anna after few weeks. My caterpillar should have transformed into a butterfly,'' mom advised me and kissed my forehead.

''Okay, mom. Don't worry, I'll be fine,'' I answered her.

''C'mon Anna, you shouldn't be late. I'll show you to your room,'' Jennifer shouted from the back.

I tried to keep up with her fast pace, my red hands lugging my suitcases. Leading me to a big hall, the lady smiled yet again,putting me on edge slightly.

It took me a while to take in my surroundings. There were lot of girls who were the same size as me, all exercising. Their bodies glistened with sweat and their faces glowing with exhaustion.

Before I could ask a question, the lady moved on. Her brisk steps took me up a row of stairs and into a corridor of dormitory doors, not taking long to find mine which was clean and new.

There were two girls sitting in bed. Both of their heads snapped up when they saw me.

Gazing around the room, I found three single beds and three cupboards. The room was quite big, the walls were painted a cream color, and a bathroom was there in the corner. I walked to my bed and sat on it. I tucked my hair behind my ears, as I realized that the two girls were glancing at me.

''Hi, my name is Kylie. I'm new here too,'' a girl with a splattering of freckles said, introducing herself. Her strawberry blonde hair perfectly complemented her freckles and green eyes.

The other black haired girl didn't reply, making Kylie smile awkwardly at me in some sort of apology. "That's Lauren."

"I'm Anna and nice to meet you," I replied, shaking her soft hands with my clammy ones.

They both were chubby like me, but Lauren was not so overweight. She was on curvy side and she looked pretty with her curves. But she seemed like she didn't like me or wanted to talk to me. Sensing there was nothing else to do, I started to unpack all my bags and suitcases and racked the clothes. In twenty minutes, my clothes were racked and stuff was arranged in the cupboard.

Perfect.

''So, we're both cleaning the room. It will make things easier if you actually help,'' Lauren rudely said to me.

I turned around and glanced at her, my eyebrows probably showing some kind of angry expression.

''Em-'' I didn't get to reply because I was cut off.