CHAPTER 6 : MYSTERIOUS

Sonitha P.O.V.:

2 months later :

Inseparable10 had become quite close in the last two months. With everyone in the campus as all of us were hostelers, we spent more time with each other.

Last month, when we met our parents, who all came down on the same day as we asked them to, met everyone of the Inseparable10. Only Kushal's parents hadn't come because they had just shifted.

All our parents met each other too and they got along well. The semester exams are around the corner. There were 2 more semesters to go for this year.

We all sat down in the garden with our books with the intentions of studying together and in reality, we weren't.

Divu said "Guys, my sister's wedding is in three weeks. My mom wants all of us to come there. Basically, she invited you guys to the wedding."

Niyu said "I'm not sure if I can come. My parents might not allow me. They're a little strict."

Shefu said "Chill Niyu. I'll ask Divu's mom to call her. She'll say Okay then."

Divu said "Yes. I'm sure my mom can convince your mom." Niyu nodded.

Sulu said "I'll need to ask my mom though. It depends on her decision but I think she'll be fine with it."

I said "My parents will be okay and I'm sure. What about you boys ?" I asked in the end looking at the boys.

Rahul asked "Are we even invited ? I thought we weren't."

Divu said "Rahul, all of us includes you guys too."

Karan said "I'm sure none of the boy's parents are going to object." The boys nodded in agreement.

I asked " Where is the wedding and how are we travelling ?"

Divu answered "The wedding is in Ahmadabad and we'll travel by train. Mom asked me to get a confirmation from your side so that she can get the tickets booked."

Niyu said "I think we'll get confirmation by tonight. So, you can tell your mom tomorrow." Divu nodded.

I reminded them "Guys, we've got exams starting in 3 days. Don't you think it's time to study. We can plan later."

Shefu said "Yeah. She's right. Let's get to studying. I want to get good marks."

Divu said "As always, Shefu will be the topper this time too."

We all settled down to study. I sat down between Kushal and Rahul. On Rahul's left was Divu and Sulu. Beside Sulu was Shefu and Niyu. The other boys sat on Kushal's side. We started studying and continued to do so till dinner time.

At the dinner time, we called our parents and all of us got the approval to travel to Ahmadabad next weekend. It's surely going to be fun.

The next one and a half week went in a jiffy. Though the exams were in progress, we all spent time with each other. Late night studies in the garden had become quite common. Though, getting out of the dorms after 10 was restricted, we did so. Come on, who follows rules ?

After one and a half week :

Finally, the last exam was over and all of us came out of our exam halls and met in the canteen.

Divu said "Finally, exams are over."

Shefu said "Thank god, I don't need to force you to study anymore."

Vikas asked "Why ? What happened ?"

Shefu said "She only studied when all of us sat together. In the room, she wouldn't study. I had to force her to study."

I said "I was stuck in the same situation. Sulu always wanted her bed. She's so damn lazy yaar."

Rahul said "That roommate of mine, he's such a nerd. He studied all night."

Karan said "Me and Arjun sat down to study for three hours but we studied only for an hour."

I said "Quite natural. I mean, everyone hates exams. What next now ? The semester holidays are for two weeks."

Divu said "Did you forget ? My sister's wedding is next week. We're travelling this week end."

Sulu exclaimed "Ohh yeah ! We've got packing to be done. We have 5 days on our hand."

Rahul said "Yup ! Travelling together is surely going to be fun." We all agreed with him.

Kushal turned to me and said "Nitya, please be ready by 8 tomorrow morning. We need to go out."

I asked him "Out ? Where ?"

He answers "Tomorrow was the day when Nitya met with the accident." I knew what that meant. He was taking me to the place where Nitya is. I just nodded my head.

Vikas asked Kushal "Kushal, you kind if I come ?"

Karan said "Yeah. Me too. Can I come ?" He asked. The rest of them wanted to come along too. Kushal agreed.

Vikas said "I'll bring my car from my house tomorrow. Someone can take my bike."

Kushal said "Yup. I've got my bike too. Mom and Dad have the car though."

Sulu said "That should do. Six in the car and the rest on both the bikes." We agreed.

We went back to our rooms late at night and slept.

Next day :

I woke up and got ready after waking Sulu up. By 8, all of us were down at the entrance of the campus. Karan drove the car while Kushal and Vikas bought their bikes. I said "Sulu, why don't you go with Vikas on the bike ?"

Sulu exclaimed "Me ?" I nodded. She continued "No Soni. It's Okay."

Vikas said "Come on Sulu. Just hop on." Sulu blushed and hopped onto his bike.

I rode behind Kushal while the rest came in the car. Kushal looked very disturbed. That was obvious. Somewhere inside, I was disturbed too.

We reached his house first. Kushal told us "There's a Puja first at the home. We'll then go to where she is."

I went in and greeted his mom and Dad. We all went and sat in the Pooja. When we settled, I saw a picture placed behind a lamp and a garland hung to it. I was shocked to see it. I saw a girl who looked similar to my younger version. Is that Nitya ? I turned to face Kushal. He nodded.

Inseparable10 looked equally shocked.

After the Pooja, we all headed to Nitya's grave. I purchased tulips on the way. Tulips were my favorite. Kushal said "Tulips were Nitya's favourite. I was shocked to find so many similarities between us. We entered the ground and Kushal led us to her grave. I placed the tulips on her grave.

Kushal spoke "Nitya, it's been more than five years since you're gone. I don't know how I spent all these years without you. I want you to meet someone. Sonitha. Nitya, she has filled all the empty space in my heart. She's totally like you. Looks, tastes and attitude. Nitya, you like her don't you. She has become my sister Nitya. I call her Nitya. I hope you like her. I love you Nitya and I miss you." I could see tears rolling down his cheek.

Tears rolled down my cheek with his every word. My headache increased. I blanked out.

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Sorry for the super late update. Some circumstances lead to the late update.

I'll try updating as soon as possible.

Please vote, comment and share.