"Really? I haven't noticed." I say sarcastically and she rolls her eyes.

"You seriously have the worst humour," she mocks, trying to suppress a smile.

"Now look here, Reed, I didn't come here to get insulted." I say icily. Her eyebrows shoot up in a pretended surprise.

"No? That is what I thought," she murmurs sweetly and kisses the corner of my mouth.

"What about the other people?" I ask sceptically.

"Screw them, soon it'll be dark in here anyway." The smile she gives me is blazing and I grin back.

"Fair point well made." I point out and catch her mouth. Kissing her deeply. Sarah is locked on the spot, not able to turn around because that would draw too much attention. All she can do is sink down against my shoulder, giving me better access to her mouth, and grab my left arm. The right one is firmly grasping her head, holding her in place and stroking her cheek. Her right hand catches my left and our fingers tangle up.

After a couple of minutes, it is still light and Sarah pulls away.

"Why haven't they turned off the lights? And why isn't the movie starting?"

"Maybe they have technical problems." I say with a shrug and try to pull her back, but of course she refuses.

"Oh no, as long as it is light you have to keep your distance," she says and give a meaning look around.

I lift my eyebrow. "Only seconds ago you said screw them."

"Yeah, well, I didn't think that it would be light this long."

A bunch of giggles sound across the saloon. Sarah turns just in time to see three girls looking our direction, grinning, at me.

They look as if they are thirteenish and I grimace mentally. They are way too young for me. The girls blush when I look their way, embarrassed about getting caught looking. One of them dares flashing a smile towards me and I can't help but grin, shaking my head. Suddenly Sarah's arms are around me, much harder than before. Possessively protecting me.

She wears a frown on her face and looks displeased. The girl that smiled narrows her eyes at Sarah.

It is very obvious that her hair is dyed; I believe that it is supposed to be blonde, but it looks more like orange. She has blonde highlights in the orange hair, a way of trying to make it better, so it looks like a mixture of a carrot and a pineapple. The girl is also new to make up, or at least I hope so, she is hiding her face behind heavy layers of different cosmetic products. She is still narrowing her eyes at Sarah.

In one smooth move I turn Sarah's face towards me and kiss her, deeply. She is taken by surprise and stills at first, but then starts moving her tongue against mine. I love kissing Sarah, her beautiful, small lips and her incredibly soft tongue.

"Why, if I am not mistaken, miss, I would believe that you are jealous." I grin at her, putting a lock behind her ear. Sarah blushes, her eyes are stern as they look at me, insecurely? Is that it? Does she actually believe that I would choose a child instead of her?

"Hey." I say catching her chin. "What's with that look? Please tell me you don't think, what I think you think."

Sarah can't help but smile at my weird sentence, but I don't return it. I wasn't trying to be funny, fact is; I am deadly serious and a bit pissed. Her face falls immediately and she looks a bit scared. Afraid of me or of how to explain herself without causing a scene, I don't know.

"What if it's true Jack?" She whispers so quietly that I barely hear it.

"What if what's true?" My voice is harder than I intend it to be, but I am starting to get real pissed.

Suddenly the lights go out and the screen comes to life. I rather feel than see Sarah's frown.

"This is not the time to talk," she whispers in my ear and then lean into my chest, nuzzling it and the fire in there is put out for the moment. Sarah swings her legs over mine and curls up against me. I sink down in the chair, making it nice and comfy for us. Nuzzling her hair, I tighten the grip with my left arm around her. Still keeping her hand in mine. My right hand goes down to her knee, keeping a firm grip, gently stroking it with my thumb.

It is quite remarkably that we can sit like this in a cinema, without disturbing the ones next to us. Maybe we are, we just don't notice. Either way, I have never been so comfortable in a cinema with a girl before.

The commercials flash before us, one after the other.

Health care - Get rid of the extra kilos and look like the celebrities in Hollywood!

Dental care - Use Colgate.

Hair care - Remove those split ends.

Facial care - Get those spots removed!

Dating sites - Find your partner today, the right one for you!

They also show commercials for other movies that are soon coming to the cinemas and then, finally, the movie starts.