"Why'd you leave?" The man voiced the same question Digger had, eyes never leaving his work.

She pushed her lips out, "Just wasn't for me."

Digger stood staring at the woman, bewildered. Who has the opportunity to go to such a huge life changing school and blows it on robbing banks?

Royce Fritz that's who.

She was the type of gal who didn't want to waste her life away on something she wasn't passionate about. She loved the adrenaline and adventure when it came to her current occupation. Royce had always considered thievery to be an art, if you think about it it's a lot more intricate than it looks. You have to be considerate of almost everything, the time you go, the people there, who you go with, and how to get in, every single detail matters. The complexity of it was simply mouthwatering.

Much like the tattoo artist with every line he wrote, with every bank Royce robbed, there was a permanent factor in it. Lives were altered, some for better most for worst.

By the time the tattoo was finished her skin was coated in patchy bright red shining around the letters. It turned out exactly the way she wanted it to be, the words right under her breast, were in the same area Digger got 'babmi' tattooed.

They looked hella dope.

Digger paid for the tattoos, heavily glaring at the man who gave them, and they were on their merry way. Royce walked with light purple bags underneath her eyes, still extremely jet lagged. She rubbed face every few steps in attempt to stay awake.

"When we get home, we should just sleep," Digger yawned, slinging an arm around the woman's shoulder. Her grogginess was infectious.

"Yeah, you wanna spoon?" She asked while leaning her head against his shoulder.

Truth be told, despite her sarcastic tone, she really did want to cuddle, she still felt heartbroken and craved the tiniest bit of contact with any man. Digger seemed to be the perfect candidate, with his large bearlike demeanor.

"Nah, I'd rather fork," Digger says with a smug smirk crossing over his face.
((A/N shoutout to my girl anxiousbagel for coming up with this comment^^, yous hella funny))

She laughed lightly pushing the large man away from her. Though she didn't notice the smile that crossed Digger's face as he watched her happily stroll next to him. A sense of accomplishment flooded over him from being able to make the broken girl laugh. He watched as her lips curled upwards and an angelic sound escaped her lips. Wisps of hair flew into her face but still showed off the bright twinkle in her eyes. Then slowly the brightness faded and the curve flattened into a line. His own grin faltered for only a moment before the corners of his lips pushed up as he planned out his next raunchy comment.

She was the only woman he knew that would laugh genuinely at his inappropriate sex jokes and overall 12-year-old boy sense of humor. Yet she still drove his insanity levels through the roof. She was the most difficult, annoying, self-centered woman that he had ever met but he loved every bit of it. She was a little jackass but she was his little jackass. She challenged him in a way that no one else had. Most people see his rough, big exterior and immediately turn in the other direction but for good reason. Not Royce though, she laughed in the face of danger.

Walking down the streets of Australia, people stared at the pair, and then quickly averted their gaze when the duo glared back at them. They thought they already knew the story of Digger and Royce from just a glance. They merely assumed based on the looks of it rather than actually knowing. That's the problem with people, they automatically assume they're in the right and are the smartest person in the room.

Royce stopped walking, pulling Digger back by his jacket. He raised his eyebrows at her with his hands tucked into his pockets.

"What's wrong?" He asked, turning to face the woman.

"Nothing," she spoke though a pained voice, "Its just-"

She cut herself off not being able to form the correct vocabulary for what she was feeling. Funny how someone of her IQ was completely naive to her own emotions.

Digger stared at her, waiting impatiently for her to finish her sentence. He hated cliffhangers and Royce knew it.

"I missed you," she whispered meeting his eyes, "I missed you so fucking much, it's insane."

The feeling of uncertainty was back again taking a different form, it was no longer about being good enough or superficial things. Now it was the inability to explain why she felt so differently around Digger, safer and at home. It scared the hell out of her. It was totally out of her reach and control.

He watched her carefully through his steel blue eyes, he scrutinized her trying to find imperfections but falling short. How could someone who once aggravated him so much leave him wanting more?

"I know, Bambi."

People took one look at Digger, the large scary looking man with muscles so humongous they could tear through his shirt. That and his scruffy beard and messy curly hair, they assumed he was an outlaw. Royce balanced it out though by standing beside him diminutive in comparison and adding a soft factor to his appearance. What didn't help them was the fact that people saw a buff intimidating man next to a petite woman with a large purple bruise on her delicate face.

People probably assumed Royce was a weak and frail woman.

People probably assumed Digger was the one who left the mark.

If only they knew the capabilities of the woman and the soft spot Digger had for her. The countless nights he stayed up comforting her, whispering 'you'll be fine' over and over in his gruff voice. The amount of time spent at a punching bag in order to get stronger. That the two of them relished in the fact that they were both broken and insane. Royce was a badass at heart capable of causing some serious damage. The man was a teddy bear and only him and Royce knew.

It was their little secret.

Beautiful thing
by Grace Vanderwaal

Sorry it took me a while to update, its been a crazy busy couple of weeks. And HOLY CRAP we're at 10k reads! That's freaking insane! Thank you guys so much, y'all mean the world to me :).