Chapter 13

Ever since Royce was a kid she was filled with a gnawing uncertainty constantly biting at the back of her mind. The little voice telling her worst fears, never being good enough, disappointing what little family she actually had, and losing those closest to her. But when she was with Digger none of that mattered. She didn't have to try when she was around Digger. He accepted her just the way she was, the good, the bad and the ugly. Together they were a recipe for havoc, never backing down and always acting on pure instinct which got them into some serious trouble. Though, they were perfectly content with each other.

"Ow, fuck!"

"The needles not even near you yet."

"Oh."

The tattoo artist sighed as he went back to fiddling with the needle in his hands. Digger stood chuckling to himself, watching, as Royce remained rigid in her seat. She sat on the cushioned chair with her shirt pulled up, just barely covering her top half. Digger and Royce decided on a new design for the permanent mark that was to be put on their skin. It was the same concept just in a different language. Royce felt it would look a lot cooler in any other written language than English. 

She wrote down a phrase in Korean with a plain outline of a boomerang underneath it.

아빠

It translated to 'yes daddy', not exactly the most innocent phrase ever but what mattered is that it would piss Thomas off. It implied a kink Thomas had but the boomerang under it showed that it wasn't directed to him but to Digger.

Thomas would understand what they were getting at.

The needle made its way to her skin poking at her and she sucked in a breath, tensing up under it.

"Oh," a small sound escaped her lips, "This isn't that bad."

She paused for a minute before gripping tightly onto her crumpled shirt, "Wait, never mind."

The tattoo artist chuckled at how comical the woman was during the process of getting her tattoo but quickly changed his demeanor and watched Digger cautiously. The burley man had appeared a few times in his parlor for small tattoos, never asking for anything super extreme. The man knew he was trouble, he felt a bad vibe radiating off of him. The way Digger stood confidently with a childish smirk over his face practically screamed that he was up to no good.

"Problem, mate?" Digger asked with a sense of authority over the artist.

The man shook his head and went back to his work. He knew better than to mess with guys like him. He kept his eyes on the tat, careful of not glancing up at the woman in front of him. He suspected that Digger wouldn't take to kindly to people staring at whom he thought to be his girl, especially as exposed as she was. As a professional it wouldn't be too difficult.

"Where'd you learn how to write that?" Digger asked, bringing his attention back to the girl.

She pursued her lips, "Remember when I said I was a dropout?"

He nodded.

"I'm a dropout from Harvard."

"Harvard?" He asked with his eyebrows raised sky high.

She grinned at his dumbfounded look, "Mhm, I had to have a few languages under my belt."

Not that he was surprised, she was obviously a smart girl, but if she got into a top school then why the hell was she here?