Chapter 35

Harry:

Staying completely silent throughout that whole car ride was obviously absolute torture, and when she started to cry, clearly feeling awful and alone, all I could do was lean as far away from her as possible and silently stare at her as she wept.

And now we've found ourselves lying against a dirty petrol station stall, me with a black eye and heavily bleeding nose, and Taylor trying not to throw up all over the floor, neither of us with any idea of where to go next.

"Well, we're a mess, aren't we?"

She chuckles after a while, weakly pulling away from me and gripping the side of the toilet, trying her best to heave herself up off of the floor. I end up crawling up after her too quickly and am left with a spinning head and blurry vision as Taylor runs a hand through her hair in exasperation.

"Right. We need to stop this."

She mutters to herself, before taking my hand and yanking me up, leading me over to the sink. I groan in annoyance as she grabs some tissue and runs it under the tap, before turning back to me and frowning.

"That's a pretty obvious black eye you've got there, Har. We can't let the paps see that."

"Yeah, I figured."

I snap grumpily, but she doesn't reply and simply furrows her eyebrows, clearly ignoring that last remark, and starts to dab at my nose. I wince when she wipes too close to my eye, but she just tuts at me,

"Oh, come on, Harry, hold still."

Leaning against the sink now, I huff before focusing on the wall instead.

"Ugh... ok that'll have to do."

She murmurs, chucking the tissue in the bin behind her and then looking at me sympathetically.

"Oh, Harry..."

I realise I really don't like her feeling sorry for me.

"What? It was your boyfriend who did it."

I bite down on my tongue as the words leave my mouth, and just as I expected, she sends me a death glare so fierce that I quickly try to get out of the situation in the easiest way possible; leaving, but just when I'm about to push the door open again, Taylor blocks it with her arm. Her eyes find mine.

"I'm sick of being angry, Harry, aren't you? Can we- can we just put this night behind us?"

I nod limply, before trying to push past her again.

"Wait, Harry. I- I need to tell you something first."

Taylor:

I close my eyes, taking a deep breath before opening my mouth to speak, making sure to block the door with my whole body so Harry can't just bolt when things get awkward,

"Harry... Harry, me and Adam... be- before you arrived..."

I glance up at Harry, hoping he's caught on and I don't have to finish that sentence. But his eyes are just as wide and confused as earlier,

"We- we...ya know."

I can tell he understands now, and I brace myself for him to start yelling, maybe even a hit or something, but instead I just watch as his eyes widen slightly and he gulps before finding my eyes again and stepping away from me slightly. He glances at the floor, eyes sad.

"But... did it mean anything, Taylor?"

He asks quietly when he eventually looks up again, and I shake my head immediately.