Chapter 18

Harry:

I stand there for at least 20 minutes before I see a figure slam Taylor's front door and march it's way towards me. Oh my god. Calvin. I feel the panic rise in my throat and run to hide behind the car. But then it sinks in. He's Leaving? But why? Surely if he was in the house the whole time, Taylor would've decided to fix things with him...

Unless.

She finally broke up with him...?

I feel my face break into a grin as I move out of my hiding spot. Leaning against the front of the car now, I smirk as he walks in my direction. When he finally does see me, he looks angry at first, but he soon puts the pieces together and his eyes widen in shock.

"Hiya,"

I say, sending him a mock salute as he stumbles past me. He doesn't say anything, neither would I if I was in his position, but the temptation is too strong as he passes me, so I mumble to myself, loud enough for him to hear,

"Oh, you're gonna regret losing that one."

I see his brow furrow as he pretends he didn't hear me and heads for his own car.

Finally, I see her slim figure scaling the wall. I step forward and watch intently as her hand grasps the window sill, and she expertly swings her leg over the edge, so she's half in and half out of the room. I give her a thumbs up, but she doesn't seem to notice and continues to climb down the wall.

As she reaches the ground, I jog up to her, noticing that Calvin's car still hasn't left the driveway, and take the suitcase from her. First things first, I ask if she's alright, (something my mother taught me to do). But her reply is shaky, and that's when I see her face and stop in my tracks.

Taylor:

My hands ache from gripping to the rusty ladder, and even though I may have made it look easy, my head's spinning from being so high up. I don't know how Adam did it.

Adam. Thinking about him when I'm meant to be concentrating is a bad idea, and my hand slips on the last bar of the ladder, making my landing slightly less graceful than I was intending. I manage to fix my posture before Harry hurries towards me, taking the bag from my grasp and heading for the car.

"You alright?"

He asks, before even looking up at me. I really don't want to talk right now, because I know if I do, he'll be able to tell immediately that I've been crying. But I force a reply anyways,

"Umm, yep..."

Naturally, he reacts to my reply, glancing back at me.

"Woah, you okay?"

He lets go of the bag when he sees my face, and I catch my reflection in the rearview mirror, understanding why he reacted like that. My face is pink and blotchy, and my eyes are still teary even though it's been at least 10 minutes since the fight. An unstoppable tear escapes my eye, and Harry's eyes widen and he wraps his arms around me, whispering in my ear as I start to cry,

"Oh...I- I know it hurts. I'm so sorry...don't cry, don't let him make you cry..."

I don't ask how he knows that me and Adam are done, just assuming that he put the pieces together, and instead bury my face in his chest, breathing in his gorgeous cologne and finally feeling completely safe in his arms.

"Shhh, babe...we're gonna get away from him, remember? Remember London? Just you and me, no pesky Calvin Harris..."

His heart beats steadily beneath his coat, his words slowly sinking in, and when I do eventually pull away from him, the tears have almost disappeared and I can finally smile at him. He returns it with his cheeky grin, before taking my hand in his and pulling me to the car. As we open the door, I notice Adam's car still in the driveway. Harry leans closer to me and says,

"Hey. You wanna play a trick on old Calvin over there?"

I nod hesitantly, waiting for him to explain more. But instead, he takes my head in his hands and starts to kiss me. I soon find myself pressing my body against him as he leans on top of me, so I'm practically lying across the car, as his kisses grow more and more passionate. It takes me a few minutes of kissing for me to realise what's happening, and I see that this is Harry's trick on Adam, making out with me minutes after I broke up with him as if I didn't even shed a tear.

I grin through the kiss and blush at Harry when we pause for breath, and he twinkles his large, green eyes at me proudly.

The whir of a car engine starting up disturbs us, and we both watch as Adam's car pulls out of the driveway, and I smile, satisfied, as the car shrinks away into the distance, until it's completely disappeared.

* * *

I turn back to Harry, and he looks incredibly pleased with himself as the street falls silent once again. We just stand there for a while, still pressed up against each other, before he gestures towards the open car door,

"Shall we?"

He asks politely. I smile again before answering,

"Let's go home."

* * *