Chapter 2

I've always wondered how it would be like to be so close to a guy. How his breath would feel on my skin and how my heart would race 1000 times faster. I imagined it would be romantic, but in my case it was rather uncomfortable.

My brother was driving while Luke was in the passenger seat. I, being the queen of bad luck, got stuck sitting in the middle of Harry and Derek. To say it was awkward was an understatement. I couldn't even breath properly because I was afraid one of them would feel it.

"Francisco slow down, you're going past the speeding limit!" I yelled over the loud music.

"No way, loosen up!"

Let me explain myself before I bring the unfortunate news. First of all, my brother was driving fast knowing that I had a bad case of car sickness. Second of all, it was really hot, and I felt as if I was suffocating. And third of all, I was sitting next to two beautiful guys. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I felt like throwing up.

And that's just what I did.

On Harry Freaking Styles.

"What the fuck!" I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand completely and utterly embarrassed. His right leg was covered in my puke and I didn't think an apology would work.

"J-just wipe it?"

"Francisco stop the fucking car, now," he seethed. I felt my cheeks redden, not that Harry would notice. I honestly felt like my whole life was over.

I imagined him already planning to kill me in the most painful way. What could be worse than getting murdered by an insanely hot guy? Nothing!

Harry got out of the car looking terrified.

"My shoes!" I glanced at his shoes and chuckled. He had on boots the height of my heels. Okay not that high but in that moment, I questioned his sexuality. Probably not what I should have been concerned about really.

Francisco, Luke and Derek all went out the car and started laughing. I wasn't sure whether to feel embarrassed or cool that I made guys laugh. Call me pathetic but I had no experience with talking to guys, especially good looking ones. All except for my brother of course.

By now, Harry was shoe less and he was giving me a death glare. I internally rolled my eyes at his immaturity. If anything he should be mad at my brother for driving fast when I asked him to stop. I would have liked to tell him, but I remembered that he was a guy, in college to make matters worse.

"I'll buy you new shoes if that makes a difference" I shouldn't have said that. My gut instinct was to shut up and watch him have his little panic attack, but I had to open my big mouth.

"You're an idiot Barbs," my brother said shaking his head.

I know I am. I've been told many times in my life to not recognize it

Nonetheless, I looked at Harry to find him running his fingers through his hair.

"They're 450 bucks, so unless you have that kind of money right now I suggest you shut the fuck up."

I tried to hide the slight pang of hurt I felt. How could Cara handle him? Well, Cara does have a feisty attitude so I can understand how it came to be. I imagine them during a heated argument throwing insults at eachother until they couldn't breath another word. A little scary to even think about.

***

I ended up having to sit in the passenger seat with a plastic bag from Macy's. It was a ride of constant insults from I and Harry. (I don't like him right now so he doesn't get to go first.)

Now we all stood in front of Phil's Barbecue with irritated faces. All I wanted was to eat their amazing, mouth watering ribs. I didn't wait for anyone and stepped into the lightly dimmed restaurant.

Maroon and dark brown covered the walls. It reminded me of a cabin out in the woods. This place held old memories like my 9th birthday dinner and the day my dad left.

"Hi, welcome to Phil's barbecue, how may I help you?" The guys were behind me ordering their meals. Or should I say feast. I swear they acted like they were starving cavemen.

After ordering my delicious meal, we all sat down on the biggest table. My brother was having a conversation with Luke and Derek with Harry. I made slight glances towards Luke admiring his new lip ring. It didn't help that he kept playing with it.

I silently listened to their conversations. It took about 45 minutes for our food to come. I was about to complain to the waiter on how I could have starved to death by now but then I saw their perfectly soft ribs on a big platter.

"Here you go, if you need anything else I'll be happy to help"

The thing about ribs is that it can be a bit messy when eating them. Another thing is that I really didn't care right at this moment.

I slapped Luke's hand when he reached for the biggest piece.

"Savage," he muttered. I rolled my eyes because his plate was already full.

Watching the guys eat like complete animals made me laugh. Oh how I wish life would stay like that.