Chapter 1)

* Look its an actual update haha, promise I didn't die, hope you guys enjoy sorry for disappearing please comment if there are any major mistakes or questions xx* *oh and sorry for it not being longer, plan on this being a short story hehe*

She flicked her hand and watched as the tears flew hitting the burning wood and causing the fire to hiss and crack. Her father paced the room, head shaking with dissapointment and shock.

'How would you expect me to react Adella?!' His voice rang clear through the hall, his hands clenched and he slammed them into the dining table beside him.
'I'm not a mind reader father, so I don't know...' Her voice trailed off, she was once again disctracted by the flames. Their beautiful swirling form calling her, beckoning.

'You need to stop, this isn't normal for a child like yourself, you're weird. And normal people don't like that, you'll end up cast to the steets unwanted,' He sighed, and Ella stood. Anger sparking, 
'And then you'll have no one,' She hissed, and then stomped from the room. 

She left the house, turning around to stare at the grand estate in which she had lived just a mere couple of months after the King had cast them out of his own castle. Her father blamed her, but she wasn't the one fucking the queen. She was just the one setting barns on fire, but the difference was no one knew that.

                                                                         -----

'Ella?!' Georgia's voice rang out through the forest, and Ella sighed. She knew she would have to come back at some stage so she hadn't wondered far but she still wanted another hour of silence. 
'I'm over here,' Georgia appeared seconds later, staring curiously at the multiple fires that burned within their stone circles.

'I've never seen a flames beauty before, so I like to think that you have recieved double of what the usual person does,' Georgia said smiling, Ella frowned the comment seemed to comfort her but it pushed her mind into darker thoughts.
She wasn't normal, her life revolved around a substance in which she could never touch.  Without it she was empty.
'Maybe that's a blessing,' Ella mused, and Georgia nodded,

'Your father is waiting your return, there's guests so he asked for me to dress and bathe you,' Ella nodded, stood and followed the maid to the house once again. This was a common occurence now, everyday seemed to be the same. 
'Do you know who's visiting this time?' Ella sighed, and Georgia smiled again
'I believe it's the Kings mage, apparently he's a real charmer of the ladies so I'd watch out ma'am,' Ella laughed, 

'Oh come on Georgia, who'd want to charm me!' Ella laughed, the idea was foreign to her but Georgia was distracting her and she embraced it.
'Many boys whisper after you, I used to hear stories of your beauty from the young pages when we lived within the castle walls,' Ella blushed,
'You lie!' And then she giggled, and Georgia's eyes widened she wasn't used to seeing Adella express emotions like that. Yes she laughed, but a giggle was so childish and unlike her it was almost a relief for Georgia to know the girl felt like any other young girl.

                                                                                        -----

'You want me to take his daughter?' 
'Are you questioning my orders?'
'No, my king. Just wondering why, she's powerless in almost everyway,'
'She lived within my castle walls for years, she is not sane... I suspect she was the one who was lighting the barn fires. If she is to be gifted I want her out of that household instantly, and if she is not I will see to that myself...' The king trailed off, his eyes gleamed with anger and a small smirk curled his lips.

                                                                                      ------

The scent of food wafted through the dining room as the maids came out with plates of food, Adella sat down at her seat just as her father and the mage walked into the room. Her eyes lifted and stuck onto the stranger. His honey skin and dark hair were striking and his eyes a burning copper enticed her reminding her of the burning embers of fire, he was stunning. His eyes met her, but she refused to look away. After all the years she lived in the castle this man had remained a mystery and was always out on missions for the king so he interested her greatly.

'Adella, this is Nathaniel,'

'It's a pleasure to meet you, I've heard so much about you Adella,' His voice was low, but melodic and hypnotising.

'Miss Lyla if you don't mind my lord,' The words flew out of her mouth and her fathers eyes darkened with anger, but the mage only smiled,

'I apologise my Lady,' Sarcasm tinged his tone but he bowed slightly his eyes never leaving her face. They held each others eyes, scanning each others faces. Lord Lyla coughed and their stare broke, Adella blushed. 

'Please sit down my Lord, and tell my about the news of the court. Living so far away now has distanced me from the dramas.'  Nathaniel nodded and sat across from Adella, his aura was intimidating and she distanced herself as much as possible. 

She did not like this man, whether it was the power he held that was sending her body into fight mode or the idea of all the horrible things he had witnessed or even partaken in. But nonetheless she was still very curious and watched as he was conversing with her father, she was so engrossed Georgia had to tap her shoulder to break her gaze when the food was finally placed in front of her. 

She gasped and the mages eyes flicked to her instantly but she looked down grabbing her fork and plunging it into the steaming vegetables before shoving it into her mouth. Her hands trembled, she was so intoxicated by this man, why was he here? What was his power? But more specifically why was he effecting her like this? 

She sat in silence blocking out all voices filling her mind with the words of the song that was sung in her dream. She was stuck in a rhythm mouthing the words and pressing food to her lips, the whole world disappeared around her and the crackling sound of the flames from the fireplace comforted her.

 She sat there for so long, even past the point in which there was no more food to eat, but she couldn't and wouldn't move she didn't want to attract his attention. She closed her eyes, her vision darkening but she embraced it, before her head hit the table she was asleep.