Separated

We were at the dinner table for a very important meeting. Cassian, Nesta, and Mor all sat on one side while Azriel, Elain, and Amren sat on the other. I sat at one end of the table  and my pissed off mate sat across from me.
  Why was he pissed? Because they wouldn't let us sit together. It would be "too distracting".
    "Okay. So- we really need to talk. Feyre, what do you think we should do about rebuilding the city?" Cassian asked.
    "Well- I think that we could take our time and try to do what we can as a smaller group for now. The citizens can help us as they please. I don't want them to do anything that they don't want to do. But I don't-"
   My thoughts cut me off.
I turn my head to Rhysand.  My mate.
  I never got to finish my sentence because instead of words, images of funny things filled my head. He was putting them there. Of course he was!
    I look right into his violet eyes.
Rhys. We are supposed to be discussing important things. I say through the bond.
  "Okay- well thanks Feyre. I guess. Azriel? Your thoughts?" Cassian continues.
   The words that fill the air are once again blurred out and images of snuggling with Rhys fill my mind once again.
Rhys! Stop it!
Feyre, darling, we both know you don't want me to. At least that's not what you say when we make out.
My cheeks fill with pink. How dare he say things like that in my mind while we are around our friends. I can't have them notice my scent change when nothing is going on to even make me slightly aroused.
Rhysand. You know that's not true. You are such a bore when we make out. You know nothing. I tease him.
   Well maybe you should show me how.
Once again my face fills with heat. Oh he is so going to get it later.
   Prick.
    If only they didn't separate us. This wouldn't be happening.
Are they even aware of us talking right now?
   Probably not.
Who cares.
    Not me. Do you know what I want to do to you right now?
No, and I don't want to know.
   And why is that?
You know why.
    No I don't. Please inform me.
I roll my eyes. I am slightly aware that no one is talking and I can feel everyone's eyes on Rhysand and I.
Because. If I guess then they will smell my scent change and so will you and you know what will happen. We will be in bed for hours.
    Do I care?
Prick. Prick prick prick.
   You love it.
"Wow. That was fascinating." Mor says.
  "How many words do you say to each other in your heads? It's insane." Elain continues.
"Yeah- and Rhys? What do you say?" Cassian teased. He knows. Of course he does
"Oh nothing. Are we done here? Feyre and I have things to do back in my room. Like- sleep." Rhysand says as he Winnows to me.
I am lifted out of my seat and taken away as we hear laughing through the shut bedroom door.

~Eleanor