Braiding hair

"Honey, please let me try. Please!" Rhysand would not leave it alone.
"Rhys. You tried last night and my hair is still a mess." I shot back.
Of course my mate would want to braid my hair. Why? Because 'it sounds appealing, honey'. That was Rhysand's new thing as well. Calling me honey. It gets annoying but he is so happy with that pet name and I cannot tell him to stop.
"Let me try." He gave me the puppy pout and the big eyes. His midnight hair fell into his face and he didn't bother to brush it back. Surprisingly, Rhys has on black skinny jeans - what a teenage boy who is way past his teenage years - and a gray shirt. I must say, he has never looked cuter a day in his life.
"Okay. But on one condition. I get to braid teeny-tiny braids into your inky hair. Got it?" I fired back.
Rhys smiled and sat against the wall on the bed, Patting the spot between his legs as he pulled me over to him. He gave me a quick kiss and brushed my hair back as I sat between his legs.
"Okay so what do I do again?"
I walked him through the simple instructions for the fifth time as I looked back to see how confused he really looked. I couldn't help it. I laughed.
"What! I am trying, honey. I never needed to braid a lady's hair before. Why now, when I have a mate of course I need to. But before, no need. Maybe it was better when we weren't mates." He teased. I smacked his arm hard and turned back around.
"Almost done?" I asked.
Rhys took his hand and pushed it against my mouth.
"Patience! I cannot braid to excellence when you keep going off like an alarm every ten seconds!!" Rhys laughed hard, and so did I.
Ten minutes later I felt him tie off the braid.
"Okay. I'm done. Time for your turn."
We traded spots and I braided ten teeny-tiny braids into his jet black hair. Of course I ran my fingers through it first, and when I did, Rhys practically purred at me.
"Okay. Look in the mirror." I said giggling.
We walked over the the closet with our hands together and pulled open the door. Laughter erupted from the both of us as we fell to the floor. We both looked absolutely ridiculous!
"Rhysand! Stop being a busy body! We were supposed to leave ten minutes ago!" Cassian yelled from outside of our bedroom.
Still laughing, Rhys climes on top of me and gave me a kiss.
"Okay. Gotta go honey. I'll be back. I love you."
And just like that, the man of my dreams was gone and his hair was still in ten little braids.

Okay so that was kinda short and pointless but I thought it would be cute and I can totally see them doing this😂
~Eleanor