"You're adorable." I gushed. Gavin pecked his lips to my cheek before we both watched the screen.

During the movie a couple of times Gavin would take our hands and bring them up to his mouth and kiss the top of mine. Every time he did that the butterflies inside me multiplied. We both had our feet rested on the empty chairs in front of us. In the parts of the movie that were dull Gavin would tap his foot to mine to get my attention. We would take turns hitting each other's foot until the movie had an action scene.

~~~~

"You want to just stay in here and watch it again? Maybe go sneak into another movie?" He smirked. "As interesting as that may sound, no." I tugged on his hand in attempt to make him get up. He took his other hand and gripped my hip and pulled me down to sit in his lap.

"Come with me?" He whispered. "Where?" He kept his hand at the base of my back and the other on my thighs. I felt a little self conscious with my body.. "Out of town."

I shook my head, "I want to see Andrew.. I don't get to see him anymore.. I'm closer to him than I am with anybody else. With him gone it's been hard.." We closer than most siblings mostly because of mom not really being home, also because he was the only person who knew about my cutting. I could go to him crying and not have to tell him anything, he would just comfort me without pushing it out of me. He would ask if I wanted to talk about it, but I usually declined. Him moving hours away from me, has been depressing. Sure I could always call him, but I needed someone physically there for me.. I still do..

"Wow. I wish my little sister would say that!" He chuckled along with speaking. "Shut up." I playfully slapped his chest. "Nah, because that would mean I have to be in the same room with her."

"I'm kidding. I'm not mean I swear." He added. I stood up and waited for him to follow me.

"This is probably too personal- and you don't have to answer it- but why aren't you close with your mom?" I tensed a little. It was a personal but I could truthfully answer him without throwing everything out. "She's never home.. She's not out doing drugs or anything, she's always working. We can't have a real, normal conversation without yelling at each other. Andrew is the only person I can talk to." I shied away from him after I responded.

"What about your dad?" I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes. "Fuck.. I'm so sorry. I swear I won't forget next time. I should just shut up." He corrected. "No.. It's fine. I even argue with her about that.. She refuses to tell me anything. Andrew remembers when dad left but that's a raw subject for me to ask him.. He was old enough to remember, I was too small. We both have those things that we just can't talk to each other with you know?" Gavin nodded.

"What's yours..?" I wanted to let go of his hand and cover myself up. The thing I don't like talking to Andrew about is my cutting.. He usually makes me talk to him though. "Nothing important." I mumble. Gavin squeezes my hand. "Just know you can tell me anything, okay?" I force a smile just to let him be satisfied.

Gavin drove an unfamiliar path I haven't seen before. At first I just thought it was another way to my house, but after nothing but empty fields I thought otherwise. "Gavin?"

"Lexii?" He mocked. "What?" He smirked. "Where are we going?"

"Just a place.. I don't want to take you home just yet... Trust me." The car fell silent for a while.

Gavin stopped the car and opened his door. "What are you doing?! It's freezing outside!" He laughed at me but I wasn't joking. He walked around to my side and opened my door. "No, I'm not getting out." I crossed my arms.

"For me?" He pushed out his bottom lip. "No. There's no telling what is out here, and it's cold!" Carefully he grabbed my legs and slid me over to where my feet were out if the car. "Don't worry about it.. Nothing's going to get anywhere near you. I'll keep you warm." He slowly wrapped his arms under mine hugging me. "I hate you." I stepped out of the car and shut the door.