Chapter Thirteen

Recover Chapter Thirteen

Today I am all free after school. Mary took today off so I don't have to babysit Trey. As soon as I got home I went to my bathroom and took a bath. I started the water and went to my room to get another change of clothes. I came back to my bathroom and undress and slipped into the warm water. I didn't need to wash my hair or body since I had taken a shower this morning. I just wanted to relax in warm water for a few minutes.

A thin layer of steam came off the water and circled the room. I laid my head back and closed my eyes. Evenly breathing in and out I loosened my muscles and drowned out the world.

I got out after unplugging the water and wrapped a towel around my wet body. I dried myself off before putting on the clothes. I was really tired from the entire week. I took the event less time to take a nap.

~~~~

The ringing of my phone in my ear woke me up. "What?" I answered. "I'm on my way okay?" Gavin's voice woke me up fully. Had I really slept that long?! "Yeah.. Okay bye." I hung up and rushed to my mirror. I took out my small container of black liquid eyeliner that I rarely used. I decided on wearing some tonight, along with mascara.

I combed through my ratted air dried hair and pulled it up in a ponytail. I rushed to my closet and found my white jacket and pulled it on. I tossed on my shoes and went downstairs to eat something so I wouldn't have to eat in front of Gavin.

"Why are you in such a hurry dear?" My mom asked. I was shocked she was home this early. "Nothing. I'm going out okay? I promise I'll be back before eleven." I went to the kitchen and found a small breakfast bar to eat. It's not much, but it's all I can get in my mouth before Gavin knocks on the door.

"Who is that?" Mom asked. "Nobody, just a guy. Look don't talk to him okay?" I didn't want them to have a conversation when we have a game to get to.

I unlocked the door and pulled it open. "Hey angel." Gavin greeted with a smile on his face. "Hey. Come in for just a second. Don't talk to my mom okay? Just ignore her." I tugged on his hand and left him with my mom in the living room. I scrambled to get my teeth brushed and swish mouthwash before meeting Gavin again.

"Let's go!" I hurried. Luckily we made it out the door before my mom said anything else after a goodbye.

"You look really nice tonight." Gavin complemented. "Oh so I'm just nice? I'm not anything else? I get it, I'm just boring. Way to fuck up my night!" I managed to make it sound believable even though I was only joking.

"Oh crap.. I-I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that." He apologized. I busted out laughing. "I was kidding. Thank you."

"Well in that case you look damn hot!" He slapped his hand on my thigh. A gasp hitched in my throat but I played it off. "You ready for tonight? We are going back to my place after the game. I figured we could hang out before I take you back home?" I kept quiet but agreed.

Instead of sitting on the side I normally sit at, Gavin and I sit on the stands that are closest to the players from his school. "Give me your phone." Gavin orders putting his arm at my side. I take my phone out from my jacket pocket and hand it to him. He taps on the camera app and pulls the phone in front of us. "White girl time!!" He squeaked. "Oh my god! No!" I said. He gave me a playful poke causing me to laugh in the picture.

"Gavin!" A guy behind us called. Gavin turned his head and started talking to him. I was awkwardly sitting there actually watching the game. I could spot Alexander on the field playing. He was really good at it. He's the one who mostly gets the ball, but he's not the quarterback.

"...and this is my girl, Lexii." Gavin calling my name made me turn my head. "What?" I looked over to the guy that he had been talking to. He had a pale face with a pink nose from the cold air. "Hi I'm Michael." The name reminded me of the guy who had walked me to one of my classes. The faces didn't match though.