"Okay, see ya later." We hung up. I mentally went through my swimsuits, discarding all the bikinis at once. Finally my mind landed on a vintage style halter top polka-dot red one piece that I knew was folded at the top of my drawer. I found an old sweatshirt that was too big on me, and a pair of black sweats. I changed and put on my converse. I still had fifteen minutes before Laura would be here to pick me up. I found a backpack, that my mom use to use as a purse, and put extra clothes, a brush, a bottle of water, a towel, and my phone in it. Finally Laura pulled up in her orange '95 bug.

 "Mom, Laura invited me to a party on the beach." I said coming down the stairs. "Is it okay if I go?" Mom took a minute to answer.

 "Okay, but remember curfew if twelve on Fridays." She said, strictly.

 "Of course." I confirmed. "Love you." I said, kissing her cheek as I ran out the door. Claire was in the front passenger's seat, because she's the shortest, and Dylan was behind her, because she's the tallest. Claire got out and moved the seat so I could get in. I ended up between Marissa and Mandy, with Dylan on the other side of Marissa.

 We drove maybe five minutes before Marissa started complaining.

 "How long do we have to ride pushed against each other likes this?" She asked, shoving forward so she was leaned between the front seats.

 "About twenty more minutes." Laura answered.

 "I thought the beach was the other way?" I asked as the car turned.

 "We're going to a different beach." Claire said turning to look at me. "It's just outside of town. That way, if we get to loud, we won't bother anyone." I nodded. I hadn't really noticed what the other girls were wearing until now. They all had on see-through dresses as cover-ups. Mandy was wearing a dark color tankini, Dylan was wearing a blue one-piece, Claire was wearing a yellow polka-dot one piece, and Laura was wearing pale pink one piece, that was showing off her back. But Marissa was the odd one out. She was wearing a white see-through dress with a black bikini underneath. I rolled my eyes as she leaned back and shoving her way into the seat.

 Claire started talking about something she had heard in class, gossip, and the whole car started talking. I tried to keep up but somewhere, between all the names, I got lost. Finally, Laura pulled into a parking-lot full of cars I was use to seeing at school. She found a parking spot and we all spilled from the car. My foot caught on the frame and I fell forwards, but Dylan and Claire caught my arms.

 "You okay?" Claire asked. I nodded.

 "How did you ever make it through ballet classes?" Dylan said sarcastically. Claire hit her like she was suppose to say anything, but I laughed because I had always thought the same thing.

 "Come on." I said still laughing. We walked down to the beach together. I noticed Brendon was helping to light the fire. "Who'd you say invited you?" I asked Laura.

 "I-" she paused for a second, "didn't." She finished.

 "Well who?" I asked, feeling my smile fade. She looked around, searching for an escape. Suddenly there were hands on my hips pulling me back.

 "Hey Sparky." Johnny breathed in my ear. I tensed up, wanting to pull away but I knew he just wanted a big reaction that would get attention. I sighed and turned around to face him. I tried to relax and managed a smile.

 "Hey Johnny." I said. He looked slightly taken aback. I coughed a little and cleared my throat. "How many times would I have to say please for you to bring me a drink?" I asked, putting my hand on his chest.

 "Two more times." He smirked.

 "Please, please?" I said putting my hands together like I was begging.