Two: Midnight Memories

We talked for what seemed like hours. I asked her questions about her life and in return I explained to her what it was like to be a vampire.

I explained to her that I aged like the humans did, that I slept and when I was a child I used to eat food.

I explained to her that my mother was married to a vampire who changed her and they had two children, me and my older brother.

She didn't understand so well how something so.. Not alive could reproduce and keep going on in similar a ways that humans did but no one understood.

We learned in school that this started off as a mutation, either that or a disease but whatever it was it was making the race stronger.

So people started to interbreed, now we face the problem of running low on humans. Very few cases have shown vampires being able to live off of food.

I learned from her that she was once apart of a very wealthy family, she had a mother but her mother was kidnapped and taken to the Capital. As a part of one of the first to be changed into a vampire by another vampire.

A test that went on for a short while before they thought that having children was much easier. For some reason some of the vampires physically changed turned against the others and became vicious.

She explained to me that her mother came back one night blood thirsty and ready to kill to ease her thirst.

Her family had been on the run ever since trying to avoid coming across any other vampires.

It made since why she was a blood slave now, they were usually captured. What human would give them self up?

"I'm getting tired." She finally said to me. I hadn't even noticed that the sun had gone down.

"That's fine. Goodnight." I said crawling into bed and getting under the covers. She turned out the light after she grabbed her clothes and walking into, now the bathroom we would share to change.

I pulled off my shirt and pants under the covers like I usually did and closed my eyes, listening as she came out and crawled into bed. That was the moment that we both fell asleep.

I woke up to the feeling of something shaking me. I expected for my mother to be hovered over me trying to shake me to an awakening but when I opened my eyes the room was dark.

I looked over to see that Lana had her eye closed tightly and was trembling. I didn't take me long to figure out why. There was screaming. Coming from both her father and her older sister.

I looked down at her and moved hair out of her face. I would have easily slept through it but I guess she was more of a light sleeper.

Suddenly, he eyes flew open and she looked up at me. "What going on?" She said sounding terrified.

"Nightmares." I lied, right through my teeth. "Some people have them really bad when they come to different places."

She only nodded softly and chewed on her nothing lip. I thought this was awkward, being in the bed with her and being only in my boxers.

I guess that she found comfort in me somehow. "Go back to sleep." I said softly. "Soon you will be able to sleep through it."

"Harry?" She asked me.

"Yes, Lana?"

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" She asked me.

"But your bed is right over there. It took less than twelve steps to get over here.." I said sighing softly. She looked up at me with those big eyes and I sighed nodding softly. "Sure." I finally said.

But we didn't fall asleep right away. It took us talking for a while longer before she started to drift.