Chapter 6: Wet meet-up

~~~

A soft bang penetrated our ears as I managed to close the door of the car in the most slothful way, and took the backseat without a word.

This was the slated day of our resort get-away, but instead of feeling the utmost excitement, I was drowned in deep thoughts.

My mind was still stuck towards the peculiar happenings that came off a day ago. The unforeseen rain, the burnt window, the water soaked room, the alluring stone, and the thing that my mom and my sisters are concealing from me. What were all these about? Why do they have to do those sort of reactions? Why do those blank papers makes Ashley upset? What was the reason why mom was dumbfounded in a big shot when she eyed through the burnt window? And, why do they have to go out and there would talk concerning what had just happened without me being included? As far as I could harken back, I was a part of their family, then, why were they keeping things from me?

Do they have thoughts of me purloining the stone? I would admit my hands were going itchy craving for that, because it was just indeed the exemplar of elegance, and my want of staring at it the entire time was getting more intense, but stealing? Nah!

I just could not grasp the thought why they have shown new expressions yesterday. They came off as diverse people I even don't know. Verily, their ignobility faded making them look as grave as ever.

"Rue, hello? "

I was restored back to the extant time, far from my thoughts, when Gab called me. My sitting was then turned perfectly upright. I was being preoccupied again. My enthrallment excluded them since I entered the car, that's why I have not discerned that they were talking to me, leaving both Gab and Nick's eyes glued at mine, Nick at the driver's seat and Gab at the shot gun.

I blinked a few before speaking out. "Uh.. what are we talking about again? ", I managed to say despite the confusion eating my face up.

"My gosh, Rue, I've stated so many words here, about how beautiful the resort is, how excited I am, how head-turning my two-piece are, if how would I ac--", she was cut off by Nick's disturbance as he smilingly pinched her cheeks.

My brows furrowed. That supposed-to-be-word 'ac--?' bothers me. It seems like Gab had mentioned that before, I just could not recall.

I was only a little less than asking them what was that about when Nick spoke.

"You are getting noisy, little sis. Haha. Just shut up for a while huh? ", Nick uttered in a chuckle as his fingers playfully squeezes her cheeks. That was so sweet of them.

Gab then tittered in response as she lurched back sitting straight, a nervous movement seen on her shoulders. Whereas, Nick gave a flurried stare at me.

"Seems like you're in deep thoughts. Are you okay? If you want, we could reschedule our outing. ", he brought out, his voice struggling in an apprehension.

"No. I'm okay. I'm just tired. I would just take this into a sleep. ", I retorted managing to draw out a smile of reassurance at him.

"Is that so? Okay, just sleep for a while. Perhaps, we have a long trip to deal with. Sleep well. ", he brought back wearing that same old smile as he tousled my hair. I smiled back at him, then he made the engine start.

When he was on his back, I snuggled cozily on my seat. Nick was indeed so dear at any time, an eminent gentleman also, unlike other guys out there who were so reckless at their actions.

Something suddenly flashed back my mind. The incident where a foolhardy guy bumped me, the day that I first saw Gab, came back to me. He truly was not heedful, and swallowed that achingly rough manner. He discourteously hit me, have not lend a hand, then never uttered sorry? Gab who was rammed by a guy on her second day would be a little better then, because somehow he brought out an apology.