Chapter 1: Ablaze

~~~

"Ruuuuueeeeeee!!! ",

"What the ---", I almost dropped the bowl of hot soup that I was about to serve when mom shouted my name all of a sudden.

I was that cautious for it not to get spilled, but my oh-so awesome mother that, I thought, ingested a megaphone, really never fails to jolt me. That's why I'm now drenched here which denotes that I have to change my uniform, which means it would make me even more late at school!

But it's just odd that I'm not afflicted with the searing hot soup. How did it happen? I tried to to--

"Are you really that stupid?! or you're just that slothful?! ", my mom cut my thoughts off and started to yowl again. Oh man. I have to fix my eardrums now.

"Check out the steak that you've been volunteering to cook with!
It's now as dark as the room I'm going to detain you! Damn, you're planning to make us eat that black steak?! "

My eyes widened as I harken back to it. I tap my forehead so as to scold myself. "Oh, I'm so sorry! ", and I quickly stormed on our kitchen. I could hear my mom yell some more, but I just ignored it.

I continued taking fast steps to our kitchen, all hopes that my mom was just kidding, but knowing her.. it would be unrealizable.

As I approached our kitchen, my eyes gaped even more.

"OH, MY! "

Lambent red.

All I could see was lambent red flames. It had an appealing quality that shines and glows softly. It was also hulking that I could not see the pan anymore.

Was the stove in a bad condition or something? Seems like it could eventually turn our house into poor ashes.

I could not figure out what to do. I was so dumb that I'm just stiffly static here, having my eyes on the stunning igniting fire in front of me.

Wait, did I just say stunning?

Oh, I'm really insane. The fire was getting bigger but I'm not doing anything! I want to cry for help and move, but something's stopping me.

I just could not take my eyes off the flames. I could feel it was way too different. It's radiant and beaming red flames with dimmed orange streaks makes me stare at it endlessly.

Staring at a fire really m--

I took a step back and closed my eyes in a just a split-second, when the fire blazed a bloody more. Someone care to tell me what was coming off?

I was still in shut eyes when the ambiance suddenly turned calm a few seconds after. I gradually opened my eyelids and was astounded.

The fire was out.

I blinked a second as I thought that it was just some sort of my crazy hallucinations.

But there's no effing way. It was true!

How did it happen? I have no idea. There was no tough wind that passed through, and it was far too possible. The fire was too bulky and it disappeared with just itself?

My! This was getting creepier. Thoughts of presence of bad elements and spirits came crossing my mind or what if the fire was just my imagination?

Ugh! I brushed my hair in frustration. I'm not supposed to think about this!

I immediately ran close to the pan, and as I picked the cover up, I muttered, "Ooops. No one would really dare eat this one. "It was now inedible. It was really burned to the ultimate level.