Chapter 13

Michael

The others went out to collect things for our little movie night and Nicoli left me in charge of the house. All of his men are out doing whatever, so I'm pretty much alone in this huge ass mansion.

Not that I'm really complaining. The mansion and gorgeous and just utterly marvelous. Nicoli didn't an amazing job designing it. It's an estate, but feels just like a cozy suburban home once you're inside.

The front door open and I turn to greet the guys, but stand bewildered to see one of Nicoli's marksmen standing in the doorway. Well, he's more or less leaning on the door frame.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was getting bored at the bar, so I called a cab to bring me home." He responds, adjusting his stance only to crumple and fall face first in the ground.

I go to his side, helping him into the kitchen. I pull out a chair and rest him while I make a pot of coffee.

"Thanks, Kid." He grumbles.

"I'm not a kid," I snap. "The name is Michael."

He gives me a sideways smile, "I'm Philip."

I hand Philip his coffee and make a cup of my own. I sit at the table and watch the man take a big gulp out of the steaming cup.

I find myself observing Philip in depth; taking in his appearance. Frankly, he's a gorgeous man.

He's taller than me; his height ranging between six'four and six'five. He has messy black hair, a strong, cut jawline covered in a light scruff of facial hair, full pink lips, and deep intense chocolate brown eyes. He's a muscular man; his right arm is littered in tattoos. He has a light scar on his defined collar bone, as well as a name.

Maria

"Who's Maria?" I ask.

Philip stares at me, his whole extroverted aura changing in seconds. His dark eyes gloss over and his body begins to shudder. I instantly jump up and instinctively wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Phil. I didn't mean to make you upset, I was just,"

"It's fine, Mikey. It's just hard to talk about her." He says, wiping a tear from his cheek.

"Was she your wife?" I ask.

"She's my daughter," he says, closing his eyes tight as tears slip down his cheeks. "She died last year and I got this tattoo to remember her."

"Philip, I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

"It's fine, Mikey. It's just hard, you know? That was my baby girl and she's gone." Philip says, shaking his head gently.

"How'd she die?"

"She had a birth defect that made her incapable of breathing on her own. We had her on life support for a few weeks, but I couldn't bear seeing her like that, so I had the doctors unplug her. It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make."

"I'm sorry, Phillip. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that." I grab his hand giving it a firm squeeze.

"You're the first person I've told that. I didn't even tell Nicoli." Philip says, looking at me with pure unbridled trust in his eyes.

"I'm happy you trusted me enough to tell me, Phil, I mean Philip. Sorry." he smiles wide, his brown eyes shimmering.

"Call me Phil. I like the way you say it." he chuckles, leaving me flustered.

"Tell me, Phil, why did you come back instead of staying out?" I ask, covering my face to hide the massive blush.

'Maybe because I knew you'd be here alone," I look up; Phil smirks, staring at me in an almost adoring manner. Phil scoots closer to me, his chest a foot away from mine and his face mere inches.

"Why would you want to see me?" I speak, feeling my heart beat quicken.

"So I could do this," he takes my chin into his large hand, giving me a gentle tug; our lips connecting in a passionate, longing kiss.

~

Austin

"Babe, after we watch the movie, we're going out back to practice, okay?" Nicoli says, giving my body a firm squeeze.

"Okay," I say shakily. I'm not sure I'll be able to use a gun, let alone learn to do it without getting sick to my stomach. Many times Barker, I mean Anthoney, would pull handguns out on me whenever I cried or complained.

Whenever I think about how my life was with him it makes me utterly sick. I admit that I loved him, but no matter much he said the same I knew it wasn't true. He beat me, left me scarred, and even took my baby away from me. I'm glad that Nicoli put an end to my nightmare and that that bastard is forever burning in hell.

Nikki unlocks the front door to the mansion and we all pile into the living room; Mikey hops ff of the couch, engulfing Anton and I in a tight hug. He kisses our cheeks then smiles at us widely.

"What happend while we were gone?" Anton chuckles, kissing Mikey's heated cheeks.

"Nothing, I'm just happy to see you guys." he says, smiling cheekily, dragging us over to the couch.

"Mikey, you're going to be helping me teach Austin how to shoot a handgun." Nicoli says, sitting besdie me on the couch, pulling out a specific back of chips I'd chosen and hands them to me.

"Got it, Nicoli." Mikey says cheerfully.

Anton leans over to me,"Something is definitely up with him. Let's find out," I nod in agreement.

"Nikki, I'm having cramps," I fake, holding my stomach.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to call the doctor?" he goes frantic making Anton stiffle a laugh at the effect of my rues.

"No, Baby. Mikey and Anton, can you guys help me upstairs to get my pills?"

"Sure," Mikey jolts up, hooking his arm with mine, Anton doing the same on the opposite side of me. The three of us walk over to the stairs, Anton leaning over and congratulating me on my work.

We reach Nikki and I's bedroom and Anton instantly tackles Mikey onto the floor and sits on his stomach, while Mikey stares upward completely dumbfounded.

"What has youu being so happy?" I ask, sitting on the bed, chuckling.

"Nothing, I'm just happy to see yo guys, s'all." he says, staring off dreamily.

"Liar!" Anton begins bouncing on Mikey's stomach, causing me to enter a fit of hysterics.

"Okay, okay!" Mikey says in a mixture of laughing and gasping for air.

"Good," Anto lifts on slighty and in the blink of an eye he's pinned down underneath Michael. "I should've saw that coming." Anton says, not even attempting an escape.

"Tell us what's going on," I pout, getting impatient.

"Nothing really, just, I met talked to one of Nikki's marksmen earlier and we may have kind of kissed."

As if on cue, Anton and I squeal like the little school girls we are.

"Who is he?" Anton and I ask, in excitement.

"Philip," he says, blushing hard.

"Aw," Anton and I coo.

"Austin, youu alright? Nikki's getting ready to call the hospital down here," Dominic chuckles from the outside of the door. I chuckle and walk over to the door.

"I'm fine, Dom. We'll be down in a bit." I smile, earning one in return.

"Okay, hurry up." Dom peers in, catching sight of his boyfriend underneath Micahel. He stares confused for a moment and then brushes it off as just one of the things that Anton does.

"After the movie you'll be telling us more about Philip." Anton smirks as we begin to walk out of the room. I follow behind the others; laughing to myself when I spot the heavy red on Mikey's face.