"What's going on?" She mumbled

"Let's just say your Cognate and spirit squad are here to rescue you."

Sophie looked at Fintan who had his back to the wall and glaring at a small hole. Sophie seemed confused for a second but she noticed as an image started to ripple and a window appeared, showing for her five friends with murderous expressions.

"Give us Sophie back, Brant or else!" A feminine voice shouted from the outside.

Sophie got up and stood next to Fintan at the window. "Can they see us?" She whispered.

"No. Brant set this window as a mind trick so however doesn't have a strong enough mind couldn't see through it."

"Where is Brant anyways?"

"Had to take care of something."

Sophie kept looking at the window and watched as water started to come over the cliff and shadows from the trees came toward the stone home.

"Can you heal Keefe right now?" Fintan said hurriedly.

"Why?"

"Because we can't move him as fast as we need to when his mind is so fragile. One fall and his mind could break even more."

"Thanks for that information." Sophie mumbled. She looked at Keefe who was still on his cot but it was clear he was awake now, just in a dream state. His legs were brought to his chest, arms wrapped around them, and his eyes were open. Glossy, broken pieces of blue grass were staring in the corner and Sophie could hear him mutter some nonexistent words.

His disheveled hair had lost its luster and looked like dry hay. His perfect skin was paler and a slight shade of green. Pity probably led to what Sophie was about to do.

She walked up to him and crouched down beside him, carefully setting her hand in his right shoulder. She smiled and Keefe looked at her in awe as she brought her lips to his cheek and kissed it.

"I'm going to fix you, ok? I'll make it so you don't have to be like this anymore." She said. Keefe just went back to staring at his corner and Sophie went as tears tried to bust out of her ducts but she wouldn't let them.

She carefully turned his head towards her and set her fingers on his temples. As her conscious started to enter his mind, she thought of the true reason why she was going into his mind. The true reason why she couldn't believe he would ever betray her truly. The true reason was because she loved him.

--------------

What was inside Keefe's mind left Sophie starstruck.

His mind was so organized for someone who was broken.

Oh right, he has a photographic memory. She though as she walked along the stone path that assembled itself under her feet for each step she took.

As she went down the path more, trees started to appear around her and some were filled with bright images. and Sophie stopped and gaped at the large castle that appeared at the end of the path. It looked exactly like Candleshade. She knocked on the door and gulped as it opened widely with no one behind it.

As soon as she stepped into the room, chaos appeared. The trees outside lost their color, the leaves fell onto the dark ground below and turned into the puddles of gray ink. The bare branches of the tree filled with bright, disorienting images that nearly blinded Sophie and the room she was in began to melt.

The chandler hanging on the ceiling fell towards Sophie but before it could hit her, it melted completely. The metal hit Sophie and it was scorching hot. Sophie screamed and tried to move the boiling metal off of her but it instantly dried and clung onto for clothes and hair, still scorching hot against her skin.