Blushing

For harpdragon00 just because and I feel bad for being kinda distant. I hope you are doing well and still writing!!!

You, Barry, Cisco, Caitlin and Iris were just chilling out together when you got the idea to head to your house for a movie night. They all agreed eagerly, Barry doing his best not to sound too eager. You hurry to head to your car, hopping in and start rubbing your hands together to get feeling back into them. You start your car and wait for the heat to kick in. You leaned back and closed  your eyes but jumped when you heard a knock on your window. You clutch your heart as you realize it was Barry's laughing face on the other side of the glass. You roll down your window and do your best not to punch him right then in there.

"Good Heavens Barry! I thought you would be there by now!"

The speedster laughed, his breath billowing out in front of him as he leaned his arms on your door, making your heart jump at his nearness.

"I was about to head over there but I just wanted to make sure if you needed anything, I can pick something up from the store for tonight." He sent you a charming half-smile.

"Aw, thanks, man. Actually, I was about to head to the store now and pick up some much-needed groceries but I wouldn't mind if you could pick up some popcorn and some chips and dip. I have a couple of leftover sodas from our last party." You said, sending him a wide smile.

Barry nods his head and pats your shoulder kindly. "You got it. See you in a few!" He smiled before dashing off.

Your hair whipped around you in the wake of his departure. You shiver as you rush to roll your window back up and get the heat back up. You head over to the nearest store to grab your necessities. For some reason, you felt nervous you would bump into Barry, though you very well knew that he was probably popping the popcorn at your house already. You shook your head as you quickly made your way around the store; why do you suddenly care about bumping into him? And why did he offer to get stuff, usually he's the last to offer to get anything considering he gets some of the weirdest stuff, so the group collectively just make sure he doesn't go on snack runs. But there you were, all blushing and smiley as you sent him off to do just that. 

You checked out and sent a text to the group that you were on your way and to go ahead and pick a movie. You then sent Barry a separate text saying that you hoped he didn't pick up those organic potato chips everyone swore was made from wood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barry picked up the hot popcorn bag from its corner and quickly set it on the counter, about to put another pack in when his phone went off. He glanced at it and smiled, it was from you. He was about to answer when the front door opened and the others walked in, putting their winter things by the door.

"Oh Barry, please tell me you didn't get those wood chips again." Cisco moaned with a smile as he plopped himself on the couch, stretching his legs out.

Barry nervously laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh, no. These were, uh, already here. (Y/n) just asked me to go ahead and get the food ready." He smiled at them, not wanting to bring up that embarrassing snack run again.

Caitlin rolled her eyes, walking over to the couch, picking up Cisco's legs before sitting down and setting them on her lap. "Right." She looked at Barry with a knowing smile.

Iris claimed the single seat, crossing her legs and laughing as she pulled out her phone to text you back that they will be waiting. "So how is it with you and her?" She knowingly smiled this time, putting her phone down ready for the answer.