Happily Ever After

'How long does it take for him to get a coat?' You think to yourself as you grab your snow boots placed by the front door of your boyfriend's house.

It was Barry's idea to take you out on a walk, not a run like he prefers. You have been having a really rough week. You are a dentist's assistant and just started last month. You have to work the desk for a few months before you can actually work with people, so you come home late most of the time. Actually that is how you met Barry. It was a cold winter night and it was starting to sleet, making the roads and side walks quite slippery. You had just started at the office and didn't think not taking would be such a mistake. As you were walking, or at least attempting to, you slipped and braced for impact. But it never came. Slowly you opened your eyes you didn't know you had closed, and stared into the eyes of your soon to be boyfriend. He helped you up and walked you home. He said he happen to live close and would like to walk you home until the cold weather cleared up. Come summer, he still walked with you, becoming very comfortable with your and your talks.

Ever since then you two have been inseparable. About a year to the day, he helped you up from a fall he so happened to let you take. Not telling you that he wanted to see you fall, he asked you a question you were not expecting. As he helped you up he asked you to be his girlfriend. Flabbergasted you nodded, not trusting your voice. He smiled one of the biggest smiles, one you have come to crave, and picked you up and spun you around. Winded and laughing you tried to walk again but slipped. Smiling even wider Barry picked you up bridal style and walked slowly back to your place, relishing in your beauty and knowing that you are his.

Your first kiss happened quite on accident. Barry had yet to tell you about his powers but planned on telling you soon. You had to take two jobs at the time because you wanted a car and a flat of your own. Therefore you were exhausted and cranky all the time. Barry saw this and tried all he could to help you feel better and make your goal. One night after a night out a dinner you wanted to go to bed, not stay up and watch a movie like Barry planned. Understanding your reasoning to want to retire early. Helping you up to your room, in the apartment you shared with a colleague, Barry did his best to hold you up, afraid you were about to fall asleep any second. You let Barry help you take your shoes off and somehow get you changed into pjs without looking. He made that very clear. Barry carried you to your bed and placed you under the covers carefully. Tucking you in and moving a swath of hair from your face, Barry said his good nights and turned to go. But you reached out and tugged on his hand, pulling him back. Willingly, Barry came closer and kneeled at your bed side. Turning slightly, you looked at your best friend and boyfriend.

"Thank you Barry. You mean so much to me."

You pulled him closer to give him a kiss on the cheek, but Barry misread. He smiled and placed a hand on your cheek and leaned closer. Softly and lightly, Barry placed his lips on yours. You didn't exactly kiss back, seeing as how you were half asleep as it was, but you smiled a bit. Barry pulled away a kissed your forehead before leaving. You totally did not remember it in the morning.

It has been almost a year since he asked you to be his girlfriend and he was dying to tell you about being The Flash. By this time you have gotten your car and flat but all for a pretty cheap price. That lead to a lot of car problems. Barry saw this as a perfect opportunity to show you his powers. One morning Barry got a call from you once again asking for a ride to work. He readily agreed, running to pick you up. You came out of your flat to find just him standing there, no car.

"Dear, I love you but how are we getting to my work without a car?" You placed your hands on your hips and give him your 'mother' look.

Chuckling Barry shook his head and took your hands. "I was hoping you'd ask that. Not don't freak out, I'll answer all your questions after the ride." Winking he picked you up bridal style and ran you to work. Seconds later you gasped and looked around you then at your boyfriend.

"What in the world..." You looked over at your watch seeing only seconds past. Looking back at those blue green eyed you oh so love, you smacked him on the arm

"So this is how you changed my close all those days ago. Why didn't you tell me you were The Flash in the first place?! I would not have used all that money on that sad excuse of a car." You huffed. Barry was unsure how you would have reacted but didn't mind when you ran up and flung your arms around his neck. "Now you can be my mode of transportation Speedie." You winked and kissed him, hard. Pulling away with a huge smile, Barry laughed.

"It will be my pleasure."

Now you are tapping your foot, calling up to Barry. "Honey you said you wanted to go on a walk. I am missing perfect study time waiting for the Fastest Man Alive to grab a jacket." You rolled your eyes but smiled when you heard a loud thump followed by an equally loud OOF!

You watch as Barry came down the stairs and you had to laugh. His hair was everywhere and his jacket was on inside out. Shaking your head you fixed his hair, kissing him lightly on the nose.

"Love, your jacket is on wrong"

He winked and kissed you on the nose lightly. "I know."

Together hand in hand, you walked to a park not too far away from S.T.A.R Labs. Taking a deep breath in the cold air, you watched as your breath made a cloud as you exhaled. Quietly you both walked, just enjoying each other's company.

Barry kept looking at you, keeping one hand in his pocket, the other in your hand. It's a cold day and there is a tiny bit of ice still lingering from last nights rain. Searching, Barry found an area of walkway still covered in snow and ice. Carefully, he steered you to it, hoping you wouldn't object. As you got closer Barry took one last look at you before purposefully slipping on the ice.

With a squeal you watch as Barry disappeared from your view and fall at your feet. Laughing and slipping yourself, you tried to pull him up.

"Oh come on you fatty!" Laughing harder you about slipped but Barry caught you, like he always did.

"Careful there (Y/n). I would hate for you to get hurt. I hear it's hard to find a wedding dress that doesn't clash with a cast." You laughed but did a double take. Wedding dress? Looking down at him again, your eyes bugged. No way.

You watched as Barry expertly held you on his knee as he held out a black box. Your heart beat fast as he looked at you with such loving and sure eyes. Carefully and expertly with one hand, he opened the little box, showing a beautiful ring you once showed him in a jewelry magazine.

"(Y/n), you slipped into my arms the day I met you. You slipped into my mind the day I asked you out. Will you do me the honor and slip into my life, forever and always as my wife?"

Tears pricked your eyes and you nodded our head. Standing you up gingerly he took your left and and slowly placed the surprisingly warm band of sliver on your finder. Before he could do or say anything else you looked him straight into his eyes and clasped his hands.

"As long as you are always there to catch me."

Smiling that big smile you will now see every day, Barry grabbed you and pulled you close. Nestling his face into the crook of your neck, he laughed. You held him tight and smiled so wide you were sure it would be there forever.

Pulling away just slightly, Barry looked you in the eyes. He took a hair and tucked it behind your ear. "Oh of course." Then he kissed you. A kiss that not only said "I love you" but said that he will forever love you. Gently but hungrily he pulled you closer. Smiling in to the kiss you responded with just as much enthusiasm.

Requested by Whovian3135  hope it was good!!!

Please don't hesitate to request! Hope your enjoyed it my lovelies!!!