Stupid Stunts

I want to thank the Instagram account "goldengustin" for letting me use their pictures....though they don't know. Go check them out, their pictures are pretty awesome. But now that I think about it I should probably tell them I'm using them 😅 anyways; enjoy this last one for a while as I catch up on this show. Ciao for now.

"Barry! Don't go TOO fast!" Dr. Wells knew it was useless yelling at him, but the new suit has yet to be modified completely. A purple blur swooshed by, an audible shout of excitement echoing across the deserted running track.

You drive up to the track and field, searching for your friends and professor. Caitlyn and Cisco said they would meet you there, but they have yet to arrive. You sit in your car and watch your crush stretch and experiment with his new suit on. You couldn't help but laugh at the obnoxious color. Cisco said that he'd work on the color as soon as Barry figured out if he liked the new material or not. Looks like Barry is taking his good old sweet time with that.

You hop out of your car and make your way to Dr. Wells's side. You place a gentle hand on his shoulder to let him know you were there. His hand comes up to pat yours as he smiles up at you. The Doctor knows of your little infatuation with his speedy pupil. So, as most adults do, he does all in his power to make things painfully embarrassing when you and Barry happen to be in the same room.

Barry seems to be oblivious to your feelings. You are still trying to figure out if that is a good thing or not. You stand there and watch as his form moves swiftly around the track, loving the breeze that he always creates. The purple blur started to slow and Barry's face became easier to see and you laughed at what you saw. The biggest smile you have seen in a long time pulled at his features. You stepped toward him and he opened his arms wide, causing you to blush. You hid your warm face in his surprisingly cool chest. He holds you for a few moments then you pull away, holding him arm's length away as you look up at him questionably.

"How is it that you can run for so long but not feel and smell like a sweaty hot mess?"

Barry laughs and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly causing you to smirk. "Yeah it's the purple suit!" He steps back and opens his arms wide, turning to show you the suit.

"It looks good on you, Barry. Maybe you should tell Cisco not to bother with changing the color." You laugh as you touch the material. "Does it feel alright? No wedgies or anything?" You raise an eyebrow and smirk, crossing your arms.

Barry subconsciously pulled at his new suit in specific areas. "Yeah, uh no. No, it feels fine."

You nod as you looked him up and down skeptically. "Right, right."

Your conversation was interrupted by a clap of thunder. You jumped closer to Barry and let out a squeak of surprise. He places a hand behind your back as you both turn and look up at the sky. Dark clouds blocked you from seeing very far. The wind started to pick up and the smell of rain wafted over.

Barry pulled away slightly and looked down at you, a pleading question look filled his eyes. You rolled your own eyes and slapped him lightly with the back of your hand onto his chest. You looked back at the brewing storm, pointing at the darkest part of the cell.

"How can you look at that and think 'I'm ganna go run in it!'. That's stupid!"

Barry shrugged and took one of your hands in his. "Please (Y/n)? Just for a few seconds. You know how badly I have wanted to do this!" He is practically bouncing on the ball of his feet. "This is perfect timing! Right before the rain falls."

You smile but shake your head slightly. "Fine. Just a couple of seconds. Beat the rain to the ground and come right back. This may be a good test for your new suit."