Chapter 48- End of the Line

Conner opened his mouth to speak again, but was interrupted by a large yawn. My heart melted, and I gently took his hand. "How about we get some rest? You look like you could use it."

He smiled playfully. "I'm so hot that I don't need any beauty rest." But he didn't resist as I scooted over on the hospital bed and pulled him up beside me. He settled in beside me, his forehead resting against mine and his arm curling around my hip. 

Even in the dark I could see the fondness shining in his eyes, and I had a nagging suspicion that mine looked exactly the same to him.

"Okay, fine. But I'll be waking you up every few hours just to make sure you're alive, deal?" He was cut off with another yawn, and I rolled my eyes and nodded in agreement.

"Sleep tight." He murmured, but his eyes were already drifting shut. He truly did look exhausted.

I couldn't resist reaching a hand up to softly brush his messy dark hair from his eyes, before I too was overcome with exhaustion and gave in once more to the darkness of sleep.

~

~~

~~~

~~

~

True to his word, (unfortunately), Conner woke me up several times during the night to make sure I was still alive. I promptly replied by smacking whatever part of him was closest to me, which usually ended up being his head, and using a few choice swear words to tell him to shut up and let me sleep.

The last time he woke me up, I could see that it was light outside and that there was really no point in trying to get any more sleep. "Shit, I was having a really good dream too." I mumbled grumpily.

"Why dream about me, when you can have me in real life instead?" His annoyingly charming smile had made a reappearance on his face.

I leaned in to kiss him, if only just to shut him up. 

But just as my eyes fluttered closed and our lips met, the door swung open and Stanton's voice was bursting my eardrums. 

"What the hell are you doing to my baby sister?!" 

He immediately pulled back, and we turned to see the three worst possibly people standing in the doorway gaping at us. 

Stanton, Lilly, and my father.

"Why does this always happen when we're in a hospital?" I muttered to myself, remembering that indeed, the last time we had been here it had been Alex who had walked in on us kissing and discovered our secret.

"S-selana!" Lilly stuttered, her eyes almost comically wide. "Are you and Conner together now?" 

I shared a quick glance with Conner, and he nodded encouragingly. At this point, there was really no point in lying. "Uhhh, yeah."

Deafening silence.

But of course, what came after the silence was ten times worse.

"What?!" Stanton exclaimed, before he turned to our dad expectantly. "Are you going to just stand by and let this happen?"

I gulped when I met my father's calculating gaze. "How long?"

"About two months." I answered quietly.

His eyes narrowed. "And was he the one who got you pregnant? And don't even think about lying to me."

Before I could have an aneurysm and collapse, Conner jumped in. "Yes sir, it was me."

Suddenly his entire posted changed. His fists clenched and his blue eyes blazed like fire. "That's funny, seeing as that happened almost a month before you supposedly started dating."

My heart nearly stopped then and there when I realized our mistake. Conner's hand tightly grabbed on to mine, and I had the aching feeling that he was going to have to let go soon.

The whole time, Lilly remained a blank slate, but I could see the hurt in her eyes. Meanwhile, Stanton looked like he really was having an aneurysm, and his mind was taking a second to catch up.

Just then, Alex, Tom, and Jerry entered the room. They took one look at our entwined fingers and my brother's gaping mouth, and smiled nervously. 

"So they found out?" Alex broke the silence.

Lilly looked like she'd been slapped as she turned and looked at Alex. "You knew?"

Tom stepped forward, guilt written all over his face. "I'm sorry Lills, we couldn't tell anyone-"

Lilly took a step back, and her eyes filled with tears. "You too, Tom? Everyone knew? Even my own goddamn boyfriend?" 

Tom was at a loss for words. He reached for her pleadingly, but Lilly was faster. Smack! The room fell quiet as Lilly stormed out of the room, wiping at her eyes. Tom simply stood there with his head turned from the impact of the slap, his cheek red and his eyes wide and horrified.

"Lilly! Wait!" He rushed out after her. 

No one quite knew what to say. But just then, Stanton's brain finally seemed to catch up as he exclaimed at the top of his lungs, 

"YOU IMPREGNATED MY SISTER?!"

~~~

~~~~~~

~~~

And that's a wrap! The final chapter of my book! (Insert tears of joy here)

Anyways, fear not! There will be a sequel out soon. I'll let out a post when it's done.

However, I need your help!... Because I'm utterly useless.

I haven't decided whose perspective it should be in, so I'm holding a vote! You don't have to give me an essay as to why you choose what, please just write a single letter to vote for what you think it should be in the comments.

A.) Selena

B.) Conner

C.) Both

D.) Alex

Note: If it's in Alex's perspective, it'll be mostly about her and Selena and Conner's issued will be a side problem.

Please tell me what you think! I'll tally all the votes when I'm ready to start up the next book!

Also, I could use a good cover for the new book! It'll be called, "Best-Friends With Issues", or something similar to that. If you can come up with a better name, feel free! Please send them to me in my inbox! 

You guys are awesome.

Again, sorry about the wait, I really wanted to get this one right! t\

Thanks for everything! You guys are definitely worth writing for.

-Until next time!