Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Maya pov

I had finally managed to sneak out of the apartment, I love my mom but she needs to understand that I can't study all the time. I had already texted Riley, asking her to come with me, she couldn't she answered, she was ill. I happily sprinted down the streets of New York, glad to be able to see Josh. My feelings for him had not disappeared, not even a little bit. They have gotten easier to handle though, maybe because I truly felt close to Josh now.

Even though my friendship with Josh was all I could hope for, I wanted more. I loved Joshua Matthews since I was fourteen years old, it doesn't go away that easy. Even though it was not like me, I never lost hope, and it felt pretty good actually. These years had been some of the best years of my life. My mom was happily married to my stepfather Shawn Hunter. I finally had the life I had always dreamed of, and soon it would be perfect, I just need Josh.

The sun had disappeared from the sky and it was a pretty warm night. It felt good to feel the air on my skin as it stroked it gently. I hadn't been to this part of New York but I noticed that it wasn't the best neighborhood. People glared at me as I pulled my jacket closer to me. I had never been afraid of the dark but it's always a good idea to be careful.

Some of the streetlights were broken and flashed on and off as I walked down the street. I hurried until I reached the location of the party. The music making the ground vibrate was a pretty good indication that I was at the right place. I walked in with a big grin on my face. The party was seriously exactly like one of those cheesy college-movies. I looked around, trying to locate Josh, until I found him, tangled up in a beautiful girl's arms.

I tried to not cry, of course he wouldn't wait. How could I expect that from him, after all he had waited for two, soon to be three, years. But what if he had been sleeping around since then? I finally let go of the tears burning in my eyes and let them drop down my cheeks. I couldn't behave like this. I am stronger than this. I have to be. We weren't a couple and we had never been so why did it hurt so much?

As I wiped a tear from my cheek Josh noticed me. He looked sad, why would he look sad for? As he tried to get up and away from the girl, I looked closely at his face and tried to force a smile. It was my fault that I thought that we were just an unofficial couple. He opened his mouth to say something but I was already turning around and starting to walk out. As I got out of the room I started running down the dark streets of New York.

Josh pov

Sarah was drunk, she fell into my lap and confessed her drunken love for me. I tried to push her away but she was holding onto my neck, making it a lot harder than I expected. As I finally at least got my face away from hers I noticed a blonde girl staring at me, with puffy eyes and tears in her eyes. Oh my gosh, Maya!

Unable to push Sarah away, I tried to call Mayas name, only to see her give me a heartbroken smile and turning away, walking out of the apartment. I finally pushed Sarah away from me, making her fall to the floor. It was her fault, she deserved that. Without hesitating I ran after Maya out to the dark streets. This couldn't be over before it hadn't even begun...