[3] The Truth

Alone time is great. It's great if you haven't been locked in a cell for who know how many hours. Those two Agents who abducted me earlier still haven't returned.

I got up and began pacing around the room getting angrier as the minutes passed by. They couldn't keep me locked up in here like a rat, somewhere in the Constitution it must say something along the lines of 'you can't hold people against their will', right?

They really do need some air conditioning in here, it's so stuffy. At least this room is a little spacious or else I would get very claustrophobic. Instead of walking I decided that jogging in place would pass the time faster. Maybe if I run fast enough I can make a hole in the floor and escape.

In the middle of carrying out my escape plan the door to the cell squeaked open. Agent Coulson came marching in with Agent Ward in tow.

"Avery lets go, we're bringing you to Skye for more answers." Coulson explained as Ward escorted me out of the room.

"And how are you going to do that? I already told you I won't say anything more."

"You'll see." Coulson replied.
***

       Yet again I was thrown into a metal chair quite harshly.  Agent Ward really needs some manners. 

        Moments after I was thrown in the chair beside Skye, Agent Coulson and Agent Ward left the room.

       "So did you spill anything?" I immediately questioned.  I needed to know if she gave up anything about Mike.

        "I spilled absolutely nothing."  Skye replied with a smirk.

       "Okay good," I said with a sigh, "We need to keep Mike and his son safe." 

      She nodded her head in agreement,  "Agreed, if these people got ahold of him his life would suck." 

     "Yeah, so uh, what do you think they're gonna do?"  I asked a little worried.  It's a government agency with scary people, who wouldn't be afraid?

     "Well probably something big, something to make us talk since they clearly couldn't get anything from solitary interrogations."  Skye explained.

       "That's just lovely."  I replied sarcastically. I slumped into the back of my chair and began to pick at my nails. It's a habit I have when I get nervous. And in this situation I was particularly on edge.
***
        The metal door opened and in walked Coulson and Ward, again.  I was getting serious déjà vu, it's like their jobs must consist of walking in and out of prison cells.

       Ward stalked over to the opposite side of the table and placed a metal box in front of Skye and I.

      "What's in there?"  I asked, my voice wavering slightly.

      He smirked and had a devious look in his eyes, "You'll see shortly."

Coulson maneuvered around Ward so he was standing directly in front of us.

      "You guys are making a big mistake." Skye immediately said.

"You two don't look that big." Ward shot back, unaffected by Skye's "threat".

      "Alright let's get started."  Coulson said, breaking the tension between Ward and Skye, "We need a name." 

      "We already told you our names, I don't-". I was cut off, again.

      "Not your names, we need the name of the man you filmed."  Ward stated, sounding bored.

      "I only know a little bit about him, not his name."  I lied.