[2] Discovered

"How will you come at us?"

"From the air? From the ground?"

"How will you silence us this time? How can you? "

"The truth is in the wind."

"It's everywhere."

"You cannot stop The Rising Tide."

"You will not find us."

"You will never see our faces."

"But rest assured we will rise against those who shield us from the truth."

"And nothing, nothing can stop us in the-" The door to Skye's van shot open, giving me a mini heart attack.

Two men in black suits were standing before us, and boy they do not look pleased. This was not good, the big scary men in black suits were here.  One of them looked to be in their late 50's?  He had a receding hairline and crinkles near his eyes.  The other one was much younger and had a very chiseled jawline.

     "Hey-" Skye began to speak but she was cut off by one of the men throwing a bag over her head and yanking her out of the car.  Nope, nope, nope, she just got abducted by the government and I am not traveling down that road too.  But, this could be a good way to get inside information,  get some government secrets, so any situation would be a win, win. Either way I'm going to talk my way out of this one.  I have to at least try not to get arrested.

    Quickly trying to figure out what to say, I scooted up to where the men were standing and gave them my most clueless looking face.

      "Excuse me,  what have we done wrong?"  I asked innocently as if I didn't know anything.

      The younger one whispered something to the older one then proceeded to completely ignore my question.  He forced a bag over my head as well and dragged me out of the car.   I tried to thrash around but he easily overpowered me, man talk about muscles. 

     I was hauled off and shoved into a car next to Skye, I'm guessing, I can't really see anything.
***

Today started off as a great day. I was so ready for my second year of college and I was right on time for everything. It was all going my way but of course the government had to intervene.

I lost track of time and soon I was thrown into a very uncomfortable metal chair. Someone ripped the bag off my head. I was greeted by the two men that abducted me.

    "What's your name?"  The younger one asked.  I was not about to deal with these people, I mean come on, they just kidnapped me!

     "Listen, I don't know who you are or what you want with me bu-", My little tirade was cut short.  The younger one cut me off.

      "We're not going to ask you again, what's  your name!"  He demanded while hitting his hand on the metal table in front of me.  I just scoffed and rolled my eyes, maybe if he were polite I would talk.

      "It's ok if you're uncomfortable, I would be too in your position," the older one started,  "so let's make a deal, I tell you our names and you tell us yours." 

      I shook my head in agreement, "Alright I've got nothing to loose."  See this guy was much more pleasant.

     "I'm Agent Phil Coulson and that is Agent Grant Ward." He said while pointing to himself and the other Agent.

      "I'm Avery."

      "Alright then, let's start off with some background information."  Agent Ward said while picking up a manilla folder and flicking through the papers.  "Only child, A+ student, and oh look, a hacker for the rising tide."

    "I don't know what your talking about."  I said nonchalantly.

     "Right, I'm sure you don't."  Ward said voice dripping with sarcasm and bitterness.

      "Ignore my partner's attitude, he hasn't had the best experience with your little group."  Coulson explained.

      "I still don't know what you're talking about, I'm not involved in this at all."  I said, still trying to defend myself.

       "Is that so?"  Coulson asked with a smirk.  He continued with the smug look in his face.

"You're computer has the same cryptographic signature as a few other Rising Tide posts."

      Now it was my turn to wear a smug look.

       "Was that really a mistake?"  I asked Coulson with a smirk.  His smug look was wiped right off his face. 

     "What do you mean?" He asked sounding a little caught off guard.

      "I mean I knew someone would track me, it was just a matter of time and all of that waiting really paid off."  I replied.  He still looked very confused.  I sighed and leaned back on my chair, "By taking us in you allowed Skye and I into your secret headquarters, or well what I assume is your headquarters."

       "Well you think you're so smart, don't you?"  Ward asked while emerging out from behind Coulson.

       "As a matter of fact, I do."  I shot back at him with fake politeness.

       "Our 'secret headquarters' is actually a maximum security prison with no way to escape."  Ward said making quotations with his hands. Like I was gonna believe what this guy was saying.  I was about to reply with a very witty remark about this Agent's very professional behavior but Coulson cut me off.

      "Alright moving on," He said while shooting Ward and annoyed look, "Tell us what you know about this Hooded Hero you filmed."

"I have no idea, I was just there.  And so yeah, I filmed him anyone else would." I said making my fake case. They couldn't know Mike would possibly be going public, if these people found out his son would be taken away and both of their lives would be miserable.

"Okay, I think that's enough lets go to the other one, this one is no help. Agent Ward lets go." Coulson said while getting up out of the chair across from me.

"Wait a second you're not just going to leave me here, are you?" I asked desperately while jumping out of my seat. The last thing I need is to be in jail. Agent Coulson just smiled at me then began to close the door after Ward left the room.

"No, hey wait! I have school!" I called after them. The two Agents didn't respond, they just slammed the door. I huffed and sat back into my chair. Today was going to be a long day.