part 4

(Andy's POV)

I woke up and Emilee wasn't in my bed. I walked downstairs and saw she wasn't in the living room. I knocked door to my parents room. I heard a muffled 'come in' I walked in and looked around and started panicking slightly.
"Is Emilee with you guys?" I asked
"No" my mom said with a confused look.
"Fuck!" I said running out of their room and into the living room grabbing my keys. I noticed a note on the coffee table. I picked it up and read it.

'I'm sorry, I'd love for you guys to get custody of me again, but I can't let you do it. I'm too much of a burden.

Thank you for being so kind and letting me stay for the night and I'm very sorry for leaving like this'

I set the note down and ran my hands through my hair.
"What's going on?" I heard my dad ask. I handed him and my mom who was standing next to him the note. As they were reading my mom put her hand over her mouth. I could tell she was on the verge of tears.
"We have to find her" my mom said, her voice cracking in the process.
"I will, I just have no idea where to look" I sighed. I got a notification on my phone. I took my phone it of my pocket and checked it. It was a message on Instagram. I opened it. It was from a girl named Amanda she said that Emilee was with her and have me her address.
"I know where she is" I said as I took off out the door and got in my car. I drive to the address I was given and ran to the door. I frantically knocked on the door. I small girl with blonde hair and blue eyes opened the door.
"She left about twenty minutes ago, I can show you the way to her house" she said timidly.
"Let's go then" I said. We drove about ten minutes and pulled up to a house, if you could call it that.
The house was literally falling apart. The roof was caving in the windows were boarded up and the paint was chipping off. I told Amanda to stay in the car and I went up to the door. I heard yelling and banging. I started to panic so I did the first thing that came to mind. I kicked the door in, which was ridiculously easy, it was like kicking cardboard.
The sight I saw when I walked in made me heart drop.
There were needles and spoons everywhere. There was trash scattered across the floor and endless piles of dishes, but the worst of it all was my baby sister being held up on a wall by her throat being punched repeatedly in the stomach. Rage took over me. I ran over the man hurting my sister and pinned him against the wall.
"If you ever touch her again, I will personally rip your fucking throat out!" I screamed. I let him go and picked up Emilee. I carried her out to my car and started driving to the hospital calling my mom and dad on the way.
I told the nurses what happened as the took emi to get checked.
My parents came in a few minutes later. I told them what happened and my mom cried into my chest.
"Family of Emilee biersack?" A nurse came out of the door and said. My parents and I stood up and walked to her.
"She's ok and she can leave now, but we had to call a social worker since she is in the system" the nurse said
"Ok thank you" I said
"Can we see her?" My Mon asked. The nurse frowned.
"Unfortunately no, she has to speak to the social worker first" the nurse said sadly.
"Ok" my mom said. We walked back to our seats and waited for what seemed like forever. Finally a woman in nice clothes and a big binder walked out and towards us.
"Hi, I'm Sarah, Emilee's social worker." Sarah told us
"Hi I'm Chris, this is my wife Amy and my son Andy" my dad told her
"I'd like to ask you if you want custody of Emilee again" the lady said, my parents nodded their heads eagerly. "Good, she wants you guys to, if you just sign these papers everything will be settled and you will have custody again" Sarah said as she pulled out a few pages.
"I thought this was more complex" my mom said
"With the reasoning you put on the adoption form it was made so you could get custody of her when you were financially capable." Sarah said
"Oh ok" my mom said happily.
My parents signed the papers and the woman left. Moments later emi came running from the doors and threw herself into my arms. I picked her up and spun her around. I put her back on the ground and kissed the too of her head.
"We officially have custody!" My mom squealed making Emilee squeal with her.
"Let's get you home shall we punks?" My dad asked. We all nodded. My parents took their car and emi came with me. Once we got home we started watching some TV. Emi called Amanda from my phone since she had to go home before we got any news. She came back into the living room and sat next to me.
"You wanna change into some pajamas?" I asked Emilee
"I don't have any" she told me
"You can wear some of mine" I told her
"Ok" Emilee said I got up and ruffled her hair before walking away.
I came back into the living room and tossed a great tee shirt that said 'rebel' on it and a pair if batman pajamas. Emilee went to change, she came back five minutes later looking adorable. The shirt I gave her came down to her mid thighs and the pants were dragging on the ground. She's so cute. We watched movies the rest of night until we both fell asleep on the couch.