Chapter: 62 Haytham Kenway

Start from the beginning

"This must be about Benjamin Church then." Connor spoke.

I made a face and realize that we will be at war out on the ocean. Great, first ride on a ship that is made out of wood and can easily sink. How wonderful that was. Haytham nodded, "Yes, he betrayed me."

My mouth open, but I still my tongue. This man was making me annoyed, but I have to hold down my tongue. Connor spoke, "So, what are you asking us to do?"

"Why accompanying me, of course." Haytham smirked.

"For what?" Connor asked.

"Follow me and you shall find out." He answered while turning away and sprinting over to the other side of the road. Connor and I share a look, but we instantly follow him to the rooftop of the house. We were off to get rid of Benjamin Church. Haytham kept looking over his shoulder and I was keeping up with them. He seem to be watching me and my every move. He his very observing. It's a little unnerving, but with him as a headmaster of the Templars. It's no surprising.

Haytham and Connor spoke lowly to each other, but I only caught small parts of it. I didn't even bother trying to listen to what they were speaking about. I was more concerned in the place that we were going. How are we going to do with this with the three of us? Mostly, how am I going to sneak past the guards? I am a woman with two males in front of me which ended up in an argument. Not surprising, really? We had stopped on a rooftop and I walk over to the edge to see the building that they were supposed to go into.

Their voices were getting louder and I look over my shoulder at them. They were pointing fingers at each other. My teeth were grinding together and I clenched my fists together. My feet led me over to them automatically. I shouted at both of them, "Would you two shut up?"

They both stopped and look over at me with wide eyes. I shouted once more, "Quit bickering already."

Haytham straighten up and fix attire before Connor scoff while folding his arms across his chest. I gave a glare at Haytham and he seem surprised by my anger. I asked, "Now, what are we doing here?"

"A woman that gets straight to the point. I do like this one." Haytham murmured with a thoughtful expression on his face.

Connor snapped his head around to look at his father and that comment really rub me the wrong way. I still my tongue before lashing out at him and turn around with an annoyed huffed. Haytham murmured, "Over here. There's a ladder we can use to get down to the ground."

I turn around and follow them down the ladder. My anger was replacing my fear, but it's the only way that I could cope with being around this man. We walk to the edge of the alleyway and came to a halt. Connor asked, "How are we going to get in there?"

Haytham look around with calculated eyes while making a 'humming' noise. It was silent and I gently grabbed Connor's hand. He look down at me with a worried expression and he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. This was going to be a long night, but I'm going to make it through this with him next to my side. We look away from each other as Haytham look back at us with a solution in mind. He spoke, "Connor, why don't you go and get us some uniforms?"

Connor let out a sigh while rolling his eyes, but there was a guarded look in his eyes. Before he could answered Haytham, I intervene and asked "Wouldn't it be better if a woman be more useful in this situation?"

Haytham look down at me with a surprise expression on his face, "Well, we could always go that route."

"Really?" Connor asked while folding his arms across his chest.

A smirk was spreading across my lips, "Ladies have better luck than you males. Now, excuse me why I work my magic. I will be back shortly."

Connor grabbed my hand, "Be careful."

"I'm always am or try to be." I gave him a reassuring squeeze before letting his go and walking away from them. I'm only doing this because they're going to have a little conversation while I am gone. I don't even want to be around Haytham any longer than necessary. On top of that, this will show him on how I can do things and not be totally useless. He wouldn't know that I have him been observing him the whole time while we were in that short span of time together. My smirk was becoming wilder while walking down the street and disappearing into a small crowd.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D