13. the burning man

( s3, e21: Before Sunset )
*10+ comments for next chapter. none that say 'update' please. thank you!*
____________

"HELLO ARIEL, I need your help with something," Klaus spoke over the phone. "Alaric is alive and is an original vampire. I know you're not very fond of Damon at the moment, but he insisted that you help."

Ariel rolled her eyes and sat back down on the couch beside Kol. "And why would I want to help you guys?"

"Because we're friends and you know I care for Caroline. Her and Elena are trapped in the school with Alaric," The hybrid informed her.

The brunette scoffed, "Too bad I don't like Elena; Caroline's alright."

"Please, we need your help," He begged. "Please."

Ariel finally gave in and knew she was going to regret this later. "Fine. Where are you?"

_____________

The angel walked up to Mystic Falls High School with her senses on high alert. She knew Alaric was more powerful than any other vampire and that all three of the men inside would have trouble taking him down. Ariel didn't know what her purpose was here, but Klaus was her friend and he needed her help. Kol was wary about his girlfriend going, but in the end he knew she could beat anyone's ass.

"Surprised to see you two working together," Ariel smirked when she saw Damon and Stefan standing side-by-side.

Damon rolled his eyes at the angel and said, "Listen, I'm not going to fight you. You did what you did to protect Kol and Stefan...well he made me understand that. What we're here for is to save Elena and Caroline."

"Bonnie has a spell that could immobilize Alaric, but it won't kill him," Stefan chimed in. "All we have to do is get Elena and Caroline out and then Bonnie will do the rest."

"Then why am I here?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

Klaus walked up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "You dear Ariel will be the one to use your little powers to calm him down. If he doesn't fight back, then everyone will be safe."

The angel nodded with the plan set in her mind. She remembered when Alaric sedated her when her and Kol were the Grill. Ariel wanted the message to be clear that no one messed with an angel.

She hid in a hallway and awaited to see if Alaric would come anytime soon. All of a sudden, a pair of hands pulled her back and sat her on the floor. "Really thought I was going to let you do this?"

"Kol," Ariel mumbled as she knew this would happen. "I can protect myself you know."

Kol smirked, "This is a suicide mission love; Stefan, Damon, and my brother can deal with Alaric just fine by themselves."

When he touched her arm, a vision took over Ariel's eyesight. It was the same vision she had earlier: a man burning. But this time, she could make out more faces. Elena and Jeremy watched as the body of Kol burned to death by the white oak stake. Jeremy – her best friend – was the one to kill the love of her life.

Kol's voice brought her back into the real world as he asked, "Ariel, what did you see?"

The images flashed across her mind again, but she didn't utter a word about it. "Nothing. Don't worry about it."

______________

______________

"You were supposed to keep Alaric in control, now he's gone!" Klaus yelled at her over the phone. "I blame the failed mission on you."

Kol took the phone from Ariel's hands and spoke to his brother, "That is not the way to talk to my girlfriend dear brother. I was the one who took her away from the school; Ariel was practically on a suicide mission."

"Whatever Kol. Just remind me not to call her for anything else." Klaus hung up the phone before any more conversation could be made.

The brunette rolled her eyes at her so-called friend and went back to making dinner. Matt had went out to get more groceries so it was just the two of them for now.

"Can I ask you something?" Kol sat on the stool at the kitchen counter and ate a piece of food from the tray. Ariel nodded her head so he continued, "I know you were sent down here for a reason, and that reason was to protect me. However, you also have the need to protect Matt and maybe even Jeremy. What makes me so different from the others."

Ariel stopped cutting carrots and walked around the counter to Kol, "Because we have a special connection that I don't have with anyone else. We're bonded in a way that it could never be broken. Angels will always have the need to protect people, but you're the one who would always come first."

Kol smiled and kissed her lips gently. "Till death do us part, Ariel Summers."

____________

this was such a lame and boring chapter, i apologize. it's just this episode didn't really have stuff where ariel would be apart of. i've also had some writer's block for a while too.

i didn't put a watermark on it so if anyone steals it i'll hunt you down :)

make sure to vote and comment!