"No need. I already know how you and your siblings look like so I'm pretty sure you're the genuine (Y/n)." The female gave him a confused gaze that made the man slightly chuckle at her reaction. "Please excuse me if that sounded a bit questionable. Your mother had shown me a small selections of pictures whenever she talked about you all."

"Mum talked about us...?" Slightly slumping at the sound of the attentive gesture, the girl felt slightly ashamed as she reminded herself of how she was playing with her mother's trust at that moment and had to forcefully stuff the letter back in her bag.

"Yes. I didn't get to see her too often so whenever we would meet, she would always boast about how wonderful her children were and how proud she was of all of them. You could almost say I know a bit about you already, haha." (Y/n) slightly smiled at the encouraging words, feeling slightly uplifted as she set herself an internal goal. "And now I can personally see why she talked so highly of you. I have no doubt you'll be just as hard working as your mother, young lady." (Y/n) tried to hide the blush of embarrassment that accumulated in her cheeks as she felt self-conscious at the set expectations and compliment.

"Of course! By the time I'm done with this place it'll be fit for a King! This will be the castle of your dreams next time you see it, Sir!" (Y/n) optimistically let out her pumped energy into a single oath, making the man slightly laugh at the humorous;y put statement.

"That'll be an accomplishment. Then I wish you the best of luck." He extended his hand out and was responded with the female's own palms joining with his as the pair firmly concluded the exchange. "You can start off tomorrow or Wednesday, and I'll ask Zachariah to prepare the schedule for you." The man uncertainly looked at his hand as he scrutinised over a single recollection embedded in him by a number of youths. "Now, how do the young ones say it...?" He shot her a hyper smile before pointing his thumb up in an energetic display. "Just do it!"

(Y/n) stood unfazed for a while as her brain tried to process the scene before her. Once her mind confirmed the reality to be genuine, she had to force an eruption of laughs down her throat, so as to not offend the odd yet kind man. "Th-thank you Sir...I'll try." As she struggled to seep out the words through a delicate bubble of laughter, the male proceeded to humiliatingly sigh as a response.

"Alright, enjoy your work then. I'll be going back to the school so if you ever need to contact me, simply call the head office and tell them you need to speak to the Dean." The girl prepared to nod before her brows furrowed in a baffled expression as she fully absorbed the information.

"School? Dean?" She looked at the man with pleading features, urging for an explanation. "I'm sorry, is this a school or a mansion or...?"

"You don't seem too insighted over how the property is arranged." The female shamefully looked down and indicated her obliviousness. "Well, I can explain it as-"

"Mr Kim, please excuse my interruption Sir but we need to be heading back immediately. They need you in the office." The third male that had been resting to the side during their interaction stepped towards the pair to regard his superior. The older man cleared his throat and looked towards the girl in an apologetic manner.

"I'm sorry to cut this meeting short but I must leave. I'm sure one of the other members of staff will explain it to you. Have a good day." Entering the vehicle in a haste, (Y/n) was encouraged to step away further within the compound to let the car fluently exit through the gate while the dust flew through the short level of air in the tracks of the departing automobile.

As the particles settled back down to the ground, the female found stability behind her and rested her eased body against a stone surface as she relaxed her relieved form. The girl smiled to herself with a satisfied smirk as she let a soothed sigh escape her lips. "Finally, one of the harder obstacles is passed...no turning back now, I need to start as soon as possible. What should I get for tomorrow? Did mum provide the cleaning supplies-?"

"Get off of the art piece!" Birds fluttered out of their assigned branches and nests as the loud and vicious shrill irrupted through the girl's ears. (Y/n) pushed herself off of the hard surface she had taken refuge against, to realise she had unintentionally rested against the great statue. The female glared up towards the window that had birthed the sudden command, with a disinterested look to spot a certain angry creator. Padraig was sending her venomous scowls as his whole body twitched with uneasiness at the sight of his masterpiece being dishonoured by her presence. "I said away!"

"Ok, ok! Gees, I'm going." The girl moved aside, to the male's satisfaction, and proceeded to be distrustingly stared after right until the moment she left the premises.

"What was the house like, sissy?" The child looked towards her older sibling as she laboured to take a spoonful of her soup, only for it to dribble down on the table due to the improper hold of the utensil. (Y/n) took a napkin to dab the mess down before adjusting the kid's hold on her eating tool.

"It was pretty big. Had some very...colourful individuals living there as well...I even doubted that mum worked there at one point." Mai separated her mind into a disjointed world from her reality as she imagined faceless figures arranged in different colours, frolicking around in a vibrant, pastel world.

"Colourful individuals..." (Y/n) raised her eyebrow at the clearly distracted child as she held a sparkling fantasy playing in her mind. "Who is Orange?!" Mai suddenly let out a gasp of curiosity, spiking her sister's reflexive senses.

"What?"

"Who's Orange?!" The small female repeated, urging for a name and face to be plastered over her favourite colour. The older female had to work to settle the girl down as no answer she could give would be provided as conclusive.

"Come on now, finish up and I'll put you to bed." The kid let out a grouchy huff of annoyance before forcing down a few spoons of her dinner. The older female smiled at the obedient behaviour before she grimaced at a half naked figure walking towards the fridge with a lethargic pace. "Mikah, there's a child eating! Put some clothes on-!"

"It's ok, he's not bothering me." Mai honestly stated, ruining the purposeful excuse her sister had created. "How was track today?"

"Cool." He simply stated, ruffling the child's hair before emerging from the frigid machine with a soda can.

"Mikah, please just put some pants on at least. This habit is starting to translate to the outside now. I heard a few guys saying how you ran a mile without your exercising uniform." (Y/n) grumbled as she felt the second-hand embarrassment that her brother doesn't experience.

"I had shoes on."

"That's not a replacement for a whole PE kit!" By the time the female had finished her miniature scolding, the boy had disappeared to the second floor and away from his tense sister.

"I think brother likes to ignore you." The child speculated, making the female irritatingly scratch her head to calm down her temper.

"I prefer to call it selectively choosing not to listen." Making herself feel better with her halfhearted excuse, (Y/n) began clearing up the table while the smaller girl patiently waited to be put to sleep.

"So you'll be going to work tomorrow, huh?" Mai intriguingly watched her older sibling as she was given a confirming nod.

"Yep. It all starts tomorrow."