Chapter 20

Hanging from a ceiling, nothing I couldn't handle.
Being tortured while hanging from the ceiling, again nothing really new about that.
But hanging from a ceiling watching them torture Sebastian, that tore me in half.

Listening to him as Eric and that girl gouged out his eyes, cut open his chest and snapped of his toes. That hurt worse than anything they could ever do to me. And having my eyes gouged out hurt.

Finally they stopped though. Finally they had left us to just hang there. Close enough to feel the warmth from one another but to far away to touch.

"Sebastian" I croak out.
"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry too" He told me his voice sounded hoarse.

"I'm sorry Eric did this to you. If it wasn't for me he probably would have left you alone" I choke up, trying to cry but my body was to dehydrated to let the tears flow.

"No!" He grunted.
"It's my fault. Charlotte. She's doing this"

"Charlotte? Was she that girl?" I asked
My voice was barley above a whisper. I wanted to shout and demand answers but I couldn't. All my current energy was being used to heal my body.

"Yes" He panted. His own body using its energy for healing, not talking.
"Although she goes by Vixen now. It's my fault she's like this. My fault"

My body felt heavy. Not only because I was currently suspended in mid air, but because of what Sebastian was trying to tell me. He knew the girl who had just tortured us by name. Knew her well enough to know not only her name now but her name before, what ever that meant. And he said it was his fault this was happening. Just how much about his life did I not know?

"What...happened?" I asked struggling not to pass out. My brain was going overtime but my body was slowly shutting down to repair.

"I used her....then killed her soulmate. I killed her version of you" He murmured.

"What?" I exclaimed.
"You what?"

"About...400 years ago I met a girl. Charlotte Buchanan. She was sexy, fun, free and dangerous. At the time I was just looking for some fun and she was more than happy to indulge me" He began to explain.

Part of me really didn't want to hear this. Wanted to pretend that this was just a crazy dream I know found myself part of. But try as I might, I didn't want him to stop talking, I didn't want to stop listening.

"When I first met her she was human. Within a week of knowing her I turned her. I wanted to have all the fun I could without fear of breaking her. Together we spent hundreds of years terrorising the people of this world. We killed countless people but one day it all just changed for her.

She met a human. A human we had originally planned to kill. Only problem was, she never did. She fell in love with him. Fell in love with him the way I did with you. I teased her about it for months, she was constantly blowing me off to be with him. It angered me!

I was extremely selfish back then and the way I saw was I turned so she could be with me. So she could be my little play thing and for me to use how I saw fit. One day I had enough. I found out where she was keeping him. I tortured him, then the second she turned up to save him. I slaughtered him.

There was nothing left of him once I had finished. I broke him and I destroyed his spirit. There was nothing left for her to even attempt to bring back. She was shattered. Her heart was broken and I just left her there to rot in her tears. Years later I bumped into her again. She had changed her name and was hell bent on her revenge.

But back then I never knew about this symbol stuff. Never knew that killing her soulmate would destroy her too. I would never do that now because I could never live without you so I wouldn't want anyone else to"

"Don't lie to me!" I shouted.
"You'd do it again in a heartbeat you know you would. All you'd be interested in is your own selfish wants and needs. But I'd be the same. I'd kill anyone or anything if it saved you. And you'd do the same for me. We're selfish people Sebastian and I think we just accept that. We protect the people we care about but don't care about anything else. It who we are"

Sebastian said nothing. He just stared at me. I knew that he knew I was right. There was nothing else for it.

We were evil people but we pretended to be good. Look at me for example, I've spent my whole life finding out a way to kill someone. I've killed hundreds of people when I needed to eat. Murdered thousands when I got bored or they didn't give me what I wanted.

Sebastian knew it to. He just admitted to spending hundreds of years and abusing one person. The only time he ever really did anything good was when he was contracted to Ciel. Even then it was for the wrong intentions. Then again with Julie. But he only did what he needed to save her as he liked her, not because it was the right thing to do.

That fact was undeniable. We were evil people and we would still be evil when we had finished healing.

End of Heartache, the Continued Case of....  (Sebastian x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें