The First Week

Daegen’s POV

I awoke in a daze. It was two in the morning. I sighed and got up. I looked at the schedule hanging on the fridge. I had a couple mixed classes today. Mix classes are classes that have kids from all years. I looked at my first one, team combat training. I scrolled my finger across the page and saw the teacher and my eyes widened. Under teacher, it said the name I hated most, "Guardian Calib Tills". My breath shuddered. The Bleus and the Tills have had a family feud tracing back to the 1950's. This class was definitely not going to be easy. I looked at the clock again. It was two-thirty. I sighed and went to my closet. I opened it up and got out my favorite outfit, a red and black dress shirt with a black t-shirt underneath. I always wore it open. Then I grabbed my black jeans and headed to my bathroom to start my shower. I placed my clothes on the counter beside the sink and got in the shower. I started to wash myself thinking about how this day would go.

Kaiser’s POV

My alarm went off like crazy and I pulled my pillow over my head. I looked at the clock as it was buzzing. It was five in the freaking morning. I groaned and shut it off. I threw the covers off and swung my legs out of bed. I sat up and scratched my head. I looked around the room. Tallis wasn’t there and the bathroom door was open.

 "Damn early bird," I grumbled.

I got up and got my clothes for the day: a grey shirt and black jeans. I went and took a shower. After my shower I felt fully awake. I got dressed and opened the door as the sun was coming up. I looked at my schedule. It said my first class was "team combat training". I didn’t pay any attention to the teacher seeing as how I didn’t know any of them anyway. I sighed and pulled on my backpack filled with the books I had bought before the school year and headed for what the sheet said was the training room. When I got there, I gasped at the sight and so did a couple of the other ninth graders who had just shown up.

The training "room" was more like an indoor stadium. I looked to one side that had hundreds of spectator seats and two metal chairs facing them. It was full training dummies, targets, moving targets and so much more. As I stared opened mouthed at the whole thing, I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh god, the brat has this class too?" I turned to see my brother Daegen standing there with girls ogling over him. He walked up and ruffled my hair with a ringed hand.

"So brat you ready for this?"

"Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?" I retorted. He looked confused then as if he had decided something and headed for the middle of the "room".

"Ah welcome one and all to combat training class!"  I looked around and found the source of the booming voice. It was a man with long blonde hair; he wore yellow glasses and a scarf. Weird combination. As to show off, he flipped down from the top of the rafters and some of the class oohed and ahhed. I looked at my brother who rolled his eyes. I lit up a cigarette and took a drag.

The weird man went to tell me something but suddenly from nowhere that punk Tills grabbed his arm.

"Don't bother Guardian Michael; he will do it any way."

He looked at me. "Welcome freshy, to team combat training."  To the rest of the class he gestured at the seats. "If everyone will please take a seat, we can get started." Everyone started forward and he said "Oh and leave your backpacks in the corner at every class period you won’t need anything from it." 

All the students did as he said and placed their packs in the corner then filed to the seats. I sat at the top with my brother, arms crossed. The one he called Michael stood behind a chair while Tills spun his chair around and sat in it backwards, his arms folded over the back of the chair and announced, "Okay class, today we are going to start by seeing how powerful you all are." The class groaned and he snapped his fingers. "This will be a simple test so we can put you each in seven man teams." The class looked at each other in confusion. I was too. One girl raised her hand.