An Angel On My Shoulder

AN ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER

                                                          a spiritual adventure thriller

                                                                                by

                                                                    David Callinan

Chapter 1 begins below copyright info

All rights reserved

No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means. It may not be reproduced, transmitted, downloaded, decompiled, reverse engineered or stored in any form of retrieval system whether electronic or mechanical without express permission of the author. Scanning, uploading and distribution via the Internet is illegal. Please purchase authorised electronic editions. This ebook is for your enjoyment only and licensed only to the purchaser. If you wish to share this book please purchase another copy. Thank you for respecting the author and the work.

Copyright © David Callinan 2011. The right of David Callinan to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by him in accordance with The Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1998.

This book is a work of fiction all characters are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental. The author is indemnified against the content of any third party websites over which he has no control.

Cover art: istockphoto © 000000977 diane39

http://www.davidcallinan.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/DavidCallinan

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Callinan/267629909940448?sk=wall

Books by David Callinan

THRILLERS:

The Immortality Plot

(a Mike Delaney novel)

Knife Edge

Bodyswitch

An Angel On My Shoulder

YOUNG ADULT FANTASY

The Kingdoms Of Time And Space

(trilogy)

CHILDREN’S BOOKS (7-10)

The Weather Kids

SELF-HELP, HEALTH & HAPPINESS

The 10 Minute Miracle

PROLOGUE

The End of the beginning

“We will erase certain events from your mind until you are ready and the time is here,” said the angel. “You have been chosen for the task because you are one of us.”

Paul took another deep breath, trying to unblock the pressure. He looked around him. It was terrifying and disturbing, he thought anxiously for the hundredth time, to be talking to angels and other spiritual beings whilst in the midst of normality.

He was sitting in a chintzy sofa in his familiar and comfortable living room. Logs were piled high on either side of the fireplace and out of the French windows he caught a glimpse of the midwinter clouds racing across a bleak sky. He squeezed his hands together in a childhood gesture of anxiety.