Chapter 1

"HEY!" I scream as my left earbud was yanked out of my ear. I look over to see my mom, her black hair curly and her bright blue eyes reflectant with the look of guilt. We are currently in the car once again moving to a new state, a new house, a new school, a new everything. It's been this way for 6 years now. Moving from state to state; school to school; house to house. The only time I have a stable home is in the summer when I'm with my dad.

"Listen Bug, I know it's hard going from place to place, but I'm trying." Mom said stopping at a red light. The clicking of the blinker sounding throughout our 1996 green Ford Explorer.

"It's fine, Mom. I understand that it is hard your job." I say shoving my earbud  back in my ear. The sound of Home by Daughtry filling my head. All I can see through the window is trees and grass. Once again I feel my earbud being yanked out. "WHAT MOTHER!" I snap at her.

"Tyler Marie Carson, don't you dare snap at me!" Anger going through her eyes and her knuckles turning white from gripping the steering wheel.

"I'm sorry. What do you want?" I quietly mutter.

"Are you hungry?"

"No." I say looking out the window.

"Well, too bad because I am." Mom says pulling into a small dinner, called Harper's Dinner. Mom shuts off the car and opens the door. "Come on, Bug. Lets go."

I shut off my music and get out of the car. The dinner is red and black themed. There are booths lining the windows and tables in the middle. There is a bar going around where the waiters and waitresses come out. We wait for someone to show us our seats.

"Hello, My name is Jackie and I'll be you waitress for the day. Can I get you guys anything to drink?" Jackie, our waitress, says handing us a menu. "I'll have a water." my mom says looking through the menu.

"I'll have a Root Beer." I say tapping my fingers against the black table. "I'm gonna use the restroom." I tell my mom after the waitress leaves.

The restroom has black and red tiles on the floor and has three stalls. I look into the mirror as I wash my hands. I have long light brown hair and green eyes. I'm wearing a black t-shirt with a skull on it and I have black bracelets on. My cross is hanging over my shirt.

"What would you like to eat, Sweetie?" Jackie asks me as soon as I sit back down. She has her little notepad in her hands ready to wright down our orders.

"Don't call me Sweetie and I would like a bacon cheese burger and fries." I say handing her the dirty menu.

"You don't have to be so rude to her. She is trying to be nice." Mom says shaking her head disprovingly at me.

"You know I hate being called things like that. You're lucky I even let you call me Bug." I mutter not even looking up from my phone. I shove both my earbuds in and listen to my music, my only escape from this hell hole.

"REALLY! GIVE IT BACK!" I yell as my phone is yanked out on my hands.

"You'll get it back when we get to the new house." Mom says putting it in her purse.

"How long until we get there?" I ask looking out the window. People walk past into cars and little shops. This place doesn't look that big and that makes me feel safe. The only home I really know is in the small town my dad lives in.

" We are ten minutes from the house. Come on Bug, this job is only for a month."

"Yeah, but then you will have another job in another state and me going to another school. Why can't I just stay with Dad?" I know as soon as the words came out I knew that I went too far. Hurt crossed my mom's face.

"I'll make you a deal. Be good this entire month. That means no fights, detentions, suspensions, no jail, and good grades and I will let you live with your father until next year. Is that a deal?" My mom asked holding her pinky finger out for me. I know it seems childish, but it is something we have always done.

"Deal." I say grabbing her pinky with mine.

Jackie comes out with our food and sets it infront of Mom and me. As we eat our food the whole resteraunt becomes silent as three guys and three girls walk in. One waiter speeds over to then and shows them their to their seats. It's so quiet that I bet I could her a pin drop from a mile away. After a few more minutes of silence everyone gradually goes back to their meals.

I take a huge bite out of my cheese burger and chew it. "So when can I tell Dad that I'm staying with him?" I ask with food still in my mouth. Mom shake her was with an annoyed expression. "Chew your food, then ask."

I chew my food and just to be a smart ads I loudly swallow. "So, when can I tell Dad that I'm gonna live with him?" I ask.

"When I see that you aren't getting in throuble. I know that you are gonna needs up, so why bother even telling him."

"Hey I haven't been in a fight in two weeks. I call that improvement."

"You haven't been in a fight in two weeks because you've been with me for two weeks. Your dad and uncle should have never taught you kids how to fight in the first place."

"Dad and Uncle John taught us how to fight to protect ourselves." I argue.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. My name is Hunter O'Brian. I don't think I've ever seen you around." One of the guys that walked in when it got quiet came over. He had short brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He radiated power and I could tell he knew how to use it.

"That is because we are new here, Dumbass" I mutter under my breath a little too loudly. Hunter's eyes grow darker and a scowl comes to his face.

"Excuse my daughter's rudeness. We just moved here today." My mom said glaring at me.

"That's okay. Well I'm the mayor's son, so if you need any help with anything just come to me or my father." He said proudly.

"Thank you, Hunter" Mom said as her glare left me and she looked at Hunter.

"I didn't catch your names." Hunter said leaving our table, but turning back around.

"I'm Kelly Wesley and this is Tyler Carson." Mom said smiling. Oh god now I'm gonna get lectured on being polite as this Hunter dude.

"Well nice to meet you guys." Hunter said going back to his table.

"In gonna go get some fresh air." I said taking a gulp of my pop. Mom shook her head okay.

The parking lot is small. It can barley fit all the cars in it, but somehow it still manages. I was sitting against the bricked wall on the ground when I felt someone pull me up to my feet and push me against the wall. It was this so called Hunter dude. "Hey! What the hell man!" I scream at him.

"MINE." His eyes turning red. Shit. Why didn't I see this earlier? He is an alpha werewolf. "I know you know about us. I can smell wolf all over your clothes. Why don't you tell me why that is because you sure as hell ain't a wolf." His wolf fully contoling him asks.

"Like I have to tell you anything. Ha, you don't own me." I challenge. If it is even possible, his eyes turn redder. A growl escapes his lips and he pushes me further into the wall.

"I do own you because you are my mate. So tell me what I want to know."

"No." I say standing on my toes and looking him in the eyes.

"Don't challenge me, Sweetheart, because you will regret it." His voice deep with power. Power that if I was a wolf I would be on my knees begging for forgiveness. I've seen it happen numerous times at my Dad's.

"Don't call me sheetheart." I say pushing him with all my strenght. He backs up and lets me go. "Your gonna regret this." He says as I walk back into the dinner.