I bark at the bunny. It struggles under my paws, scratching at me. I push down on its neck, snapping it in one fluid motion to make the rabbit feel as little pain as possible.

Scooping the rabbit up in my jaws, the sound of someone following me has me on alert again. Daddy always taught me to be careful of my surroundings.

I stand up straight, ears perked high, eyes wide and rabbit dangling from my mouth.

The black wolf steps out from the shadows, the moon reflecting off his shiny black fur. He watches me with his chocolate brown eyes.

Slowly, I blink once, waiting for his reaction. When he doesn't do anything, I chew down on the rabbit once, again waiting to see his reaction.

When he just watches me wild mild fascination, I grin to myself in my head. Maybe he's not going to eat me!

I snarl at my dead prey, jumping while twisting my body around and bucking out my feet. I flop onto the ground, chewing the rabbit without actually eating it just yet.

The black wolf bursts out laughing at my strange movements, a low coughing sound.

I start eating the fat rabbit, trying not to swallow any of its coarse fur. I learnt that the fur of a bunny doesn't taste very nice and is hard to swallow. I learnt that the hard way. Never again am I ever going to eat a rabbit with its fur still there. Yucky.

The black wolf steps closer, sitting two metres away from me.

I growl my little puppy growl, wanting to keep my food to myself. I killed the rabbit, so I get to eat the rabbit. That's what Mummy and Daddy always said. If you can kill it by yourself, you can eat it by yourself. Then it's fair.

The black wolf comes closer again, completely ignoring my warning growls like Jack always did.

I narrow my eyes at him, frowning. Why is he ignoring me? He is so big that my rabbit probably wouldn't even make a morning snack for him. Barely even a bite. But for me it makes half a proper meal because I am so small.

The big black wolf sits next to me on his haunches, towering over me. He watches me with his warm brown eyes, luring me into their deep depths...

With a shake of my head and a thump of my tail against the ground, I continue eating my rabbit. It tastes nice, plump and juicy.

When I finally finish my meal, my stomach feeling a little bit fuller than before, I stand up and stretch with a big yawn. Eating always makes me sleepy.

I start to head off towards my favourite sleeping spot, but the black wolf stops me. He steps in front of my path, his big body blocking my tiny one. I give him a look of complete confusion and slight annoyance. Why can't I go to my sleeping spot? I'm tired!

The wolf whines quietly, dipping his head to nudge me in the direction of the way he came from. I frown in confusion again. What does he want? The black wolf nudges me forward again, almost making me trip over with his strength. I step in the direction he tells me to go, wondering if that is what he wants.

The wolf follows me, nudging me again.

He wants me to go with him? Should I? Mummy and Daddy always say to not trust strangers. But this stranger did save my life... and what if more rogues come back? Then I would surely be killed. So if I do go with the black wolf, he can keep me safe for Mummy and Daddy when they come to find me.

I step towards the direction the wolf was nudging me on my own, wondering if I am going in the right direction. When the wolf grins a wolf grin at me, I feel a sense of pride. The wolf follows me, starting to lead the way.

His big, warm body presses up against mine, making me feel safer than before. He leads the way like he owns this forest, like he knows the way. He might know it. My Mummy and Daddy knew the way around it.

I follow the black wolf cautiously. I don't really know what's going to happen. I am nervous. My ears flick back and forth and my eyes dart around wildly. I don't want to meet any more rogue werewolves, they scare me a lot.

After half an hour, we are still walking. It is very dark out now, darker than it was before. I am guessing it is maybe around midnight, way past my normal bed time.

When the black wolf beside me gets all tensed us and starts growling, my attention peeks and I look at him warily. Did I do something wrong?

The black wolf moves his legs over my body easily, standing over me protectively, looking into the dark shadows. I see four dark blurs step out from the shadows, growling and snarling at my black wolf.

Two have grey fur, two have brown fur. They all are bigger than me, but not as big as the black wolf. I take a curious sniff of the air, and recoil when the yucky smell of rogues fills my nose. To me they smell like rubbish and Jack's dirty socks. Stinky.

The black wolf with me snarls warningly at them, telling them to back off. One of the brown ones snarls right back. He is obviously the leader of the small group. Why are there so many groups of rogues around here now? And why do they always seem to find me?

The black wolf growls as the brown, leading wolf lunges.