"Fine. We don't want any lacewigs flying in." Noor giving Aurora her 'I win' look.

"Care to add to the the topic Ms. Khan and Ms. Beliveau?" Professor McGonagall asked as she looked in the girls' direction.

"Uh..." Aurora looked helplessly to the board where spells and formulas were written all over to Noor. 'You're on your own for this one.' Noor shrugged. 'Great.' Aurora thought to herself. If she could somehow 'add to the topic' she was saved! If not, she embarrasses herself in class...and in front of Archer.

Looking back to the board, something clicked. All that reading in Transfiguration that Noor made her do-it might actually help her.

"It says on the board that we're going over the spell Vipera Evanesca, right? The only thing I could probably add on is that its main purpose is to get rid of the serpent which would result in a dark cloud of wisps which you've probably already said, but fun fact! The spell could backfire if perfomed incorrectly and would make the snake angrier which could lead to a much more harmful and nasty snake. If the serpent would react in such a way, you shouldn't try the spell again because it for sure will only make the snake angrier and it will jump at you. The correct way to dispose of the serpent would be to use the Serpently spell which would encase it into a bag and transported to the destination of choice by having the caster just thinking of a place to send it off to." Aurora ranted and simultaneously tried to seem nonchalant when internally she was screaming praise at herself for explaining so well. If she had a clone of herself she would do an epic high five. She probably could just recite a cloning spell but now in class was obviously not the right time. Judging by the look on McGonagall's face she was also impressed though McGonagall did a better show of hiding it.

"Good Job. Ms. Beliveau. 15 points to Gryffindor." Now Aurora really wanted to highfive herself, so she did. High fiving her other hand, she turned to Noor. "Not bad, eh?" She said smugly. "Not at all. I'm impressed. And judging by the look of how Archer Campbell is looking at you, I think I can say the same for him too." Noor winked.

Aurora raised her eyebrows as if Noor was lying to her. Taking a quick look behind her, she saw Archer give a thumbs up. Good job. Archer mouthed. Giving a shy smile, she mouthed back thanks.

Her day just seemed 10x better.

///////

/ 2 months later /

As she exited Astronomy with Noor by her side, she was about to open her mouth to talk about the homework assigned when-

"Hey, Aurora!" Aurora turned to see Archer running up to her side. The Hufflepuff had his hair neat and with not a strand out of place.He must have been feeling very brave today because like Gryffindor's house colors, his hair was a colorful pallet of deep reds and golds. Archer and Aurora had grown somewhat closer and messed around with each other during class ever since she had fallen during her quidditch accident.She would consider him a friend though they rarely ever talked outside of class. Aurora couldn't exactly pinpoint why he would talk to her now, though she would be lying if she said her stomach didn't feel like it was being attacked by butterflies.

"Hey, Archer. What do you need?" Aurora said messing with her messenger bag straps.

"Actually," He started before glancing at Noor who was looking at him inquiringly before taking her cue to leave leaving them both alone in the hall with little to none students passing by. At times like this Aurora would appreciate how amazing of a friend Noor was.

"I was wondering if-if you would like to go with me to Hogsmeade this Saturday?" He stammered.

Aurora stood there shocked. Archer wanted to go out with her? "Like a date?" She blurted out before silently reprimanding herself. Archer may have wanted to just go as friends and now she had ruined her shot and-

"Only if you want it to be."

She stood mouth agape. Before she could allow him to think again and counteract his offer, she hastily replied. "I'd love to, Archer."

Now it was Archer's turn to stand shocked. "You- you would?"

Aurora smiled. "That's what I said."

Archer gave a grin the Cheshire Cat would be proud of.

"Do you want to meet up at Madam Puddifoot's? He asked.

Aurora mentally grimaced. Madam Puddifoot's was covered from head to toe in all things pink and frilly. Madam Puddifoot's was the last places she would want to go out to. But if going on a date with Archer meant having to endure that torture, then so be it.

"Perfect." She smiled.

/////

"What did he say??" Noor consistently asked every other ten seconds as they walked to their dorms.

FInally they were in the girl's dorms where all the other girls were out. That meant privacy.
Finally Aurora burst. "He asked me out!!' She squealed, jumping on the bed.

"No way!" Noor sat down at the foot of Aurora's bed.

"Yes way!" Aurora yelled of sheer happiness. "The only thing that could go wrong is that terrible place he wants to meet up at Madam Puddifoot's." She said the name as if it was a curse itself.

"Look at it this way." Noor began. "He said he wants to meet up there. Not necessarily dine there. You two could easily walk out and go to The Three Broomsticks."

"True." Aurora agreed. "Hopefully you're right."

"Please, I'm always right."

"Said the biggest narcissist ever."

"You're just jealous of my intelligence."

"A lot of people are jealous of your intelligence." 

"I know." 

"Vain." 

"But you love me."

"True."