Prompt 7

Prompt: "Hello?"

A/N: Ok this one is longer than I thought, but since I'm mostly finished with midterms I'll try and get a few more out.

Quint blinked, she could have sworn she heard Ember down this hall.

"Hello?" 'Ember' said

The castle was eerily quiet, not even the panting breath of the pink Vanguard seemed to pierce the air.

"Quint I need help, please!" Ember yelled from the hallway to Quint's right.

It's not her. Remember the ship was taken over. It's those damned assassin's.

The Haltric were getting desperate or annoyed, they hired shapeshifting assassins to take out the Vanguards. The worst thing was they'd attacked at 'night' when everyone was in their own worlds. Theo, Ep, and Jex were all in the kitchen trying to figure out how to make an 'Earth' cake for Theon. Ember and Ayden were having a training match in the workout room. The other Vanguards were down in the cryo-pods they wouldn't wake up for a little while more.

"Quint can you hear me?" came Jex's voice through the comm-link in her helmet

"Yeah, but how do I know it's you?" she asked

"Because I know that when it was the second week at the Fortress you blew up the computer lab when you accidently overloaded all the servers."

"Ok so you're really Jex, where are you?"

"Ep, Theo and I all headed towards the cryo-pods, Ember and Ayden were going to meet up with Theon then make their ways down there."

"Ok, I'm almost there."

Quint ran on, her bo-staff was fully extended and tucked against her back. Her helmet displayed the small map that she'd uploaded into all their helmets. She could see two other groups of people and they were all headed towards the same point. Smiling Quint put on the speed and climbed into an air vent, using them as a short cut.

***

Ember, Theon, and Ayden ran into the room, Ayden slammed the door shut behind them. They were about to walk further into the room when the air vent beside them rattled, the cover fell open, and Quint rolled open.

"Please don't kill me, its really me."

"I hate to say this, but prove it." Ember said pointing her sword at the smaller girl, which caused Quint to whimper.

Quint was strong, she knew she was, she may not be the fastest, or the strongest, she was still learning the mechanics of flying, but she had the highest IQ out of all the Vanguards (who cared if she was also the youngest). She couldn't handle it though, when Ember (the only other girl on the team) was pointing a sword at her, she was worried. Would Ember actually use that sword on her? Ember had proven to be deadly with it, would she not believe her?

"I'm sorry I scared you Quint, I believe you." Ember put away her sword and reached to hug the other girl.

Other than Ayden, Quint was the only other person that could willingly touch Ember, whenever they wanted. Ember had gone up to the girl after she'd come out of the closet and told her if she needed anything to not be afraid to come to her. Ember wasn't the best with emotional things, but for Quint she would try.

"How do we stop a shapeshifter?" Jex asked

"It depends on the shapeshifter, there are a few types." Ep said as he typed on a holoscreen

"Can you tell what type are aboard?" Theo asked as he began to fiddle with his fingers

Ember and Ayden weren't really paying attention to them, they were looking at Theon. The Prince was walking slowly between the four cryopods, looking at the four people within. Ember looked at them too. They were all Zaeter people, all have extremely dark skin, though they had patches of purple, reds, blues, and other colors. They each had unique dots that looked like stars. Though some had ears that she would call elven, some looked human, the silver Vanguard had silvery white hair, it was a lighter color than Theons. The green Vanguards hair was a shaggy deep blue color, it reminded her of the Pacific.