Chapter 3 - Deep Secret

Meat. Loads of meat. Many rows and stacks of meat. Raw meat and barbecued. Applejack took in what she saw. She dropped the berries. Her pupils shrunk to slits and her hooves shook as she walked along the long corridor leading down. The shack was longer than it looked on the outside. Must've been an extension spell.... She thought.

Applejack shuddered when she saw a large chunk of barbecued meat with numerous bones sticking out of it. Applejack heard the door of the shack shut loudly as a large gust of wind blew on it. Applejack jumped in surprise and turned to look at the door, but there was nopony there. She typurned her head and kept walking along the corridor. In the corner of her eyes, she realised she was walking past a calendar.

She stopped to look at it. 3rd of January, she read in her mind. In alarm, she saw Zephyr Breeze's  cutiemark, along with Babs Seed's plastered underneath she date. T-that was yesterday. There was a big red cross over the square it was written in. Her eyes drew over to the next date. 4th of January.... that's today! To her surprise, her cutiemark was embedded in the calendar. She flicked through the other dates. 22nd of December last year.... There was a cutiemark of a magnifying glass. Don't know any of these ponies.... She was startled again by a bang on what sounded like metal. Her head cocked around and with a gasp, she saw a cage full of pure, snow white rabbits. They all had the same eye colour and all looked like... Angel! Panicking, she turned towards the door and ran towards it. But sonepony was already there.

"Fluttershy!" 'Wha's going on?!" Applejack spoke, her voice breaking. Fluttershy smiled deviously and held her head high, just visible enough to see the tips of sharp white fangs sticking out from her upper lip. "Oh Applejack," Fluttershy said. "I see you've found my meatshack." A bead of sweat dripped down her forehead. "Meatshack?!" Fluttershy went shy again, and looked at her hooves. "It's for my animals....." she replied. "Oh."
Fluttershy beckoned Appljack to follow her once again into the dark, narrow filled corridor. "You see my bears and big cats can't just eat berries to survive," she commented. "So I come prepared." Applejack blinked her eyes in misunderstanding. "So... why'd you have so much meat in'ere?" Applejack questioned. "Because I come prepared. But, if you want to know, sometimes my bears and big cats like to catch large prey." "And 'yer fine with watching them do that?" Fluttershy nodded. "It's part of nature. Oh look, we're already there." Then two had reached the end of the corridor. Fluttershy opened a trapdoor two hoof steps in front of Applejack. "Come on," she called. Applejack felt more sweat coming down her forehead as she gulped and followed her.