♚ Chapter Two ♚

"Alright!" Joker said, clapping his hands together to get our attention.

We turned our heads from where we sat to the enthusiastic orange-haired teen. "This is our first show," he informed us, even though it was quite obvious. "We've spent weeks practicing our talents and we are now ready to perform for the public!"

"Might I inform you that we barely sold half the tickets for the show?" Dagger pointed out, juggling his knives out of boredom.

"Agreed," Doll and I nodded.

"Most of the tickets sold were to Father's friends and their family, and the rest are to people we don't even know," I stated.

"Now, now," Joker struggled to remain positive. "I know we may not have that many people attending the circus, but that doesn't mean we're doomed! This is our first time, of course nobody gonna hear about us! But, if we put on the best show those nobles had ever seen, they'll start talking about that to other nobles and people and if we impress them, they'll start talking some more...soon the Noah's Ark Circus will be world-famous!"

He twirled around enthusiastically, but the happiest reaction he got from us was a small jazz hands from Doll and I. He sighed and took off his top hat. "This is for Father, right?" He said quietly. "He took us in, gave us a home an limbs. He always dreamed of having a circus. Now that we are older, we can pay back Father by making this the best circus ever! Who's with me?"

That riled us up a bit, and we started cheering. But, I pulled out a couple of peach-colored folders. "I'd like to remind you that the circus is a cover for what we're really here for," I reminded Joker.

He rubbed his temples and sighed, nodding at my direction. "I know, Rose. I know."

*~*~*~*~*~

"Everyone listen!" Joker yelled. "We only have a couple of minutes before showtime!" Everyone circled around him as he stood in the middle of us. I stood with Doll and she held my hand.

"Tonight is the night we first perform here in London!" Joker said. "Everyone will be doing their usual performances; Jumbo will breath fire, Peter and Wendy will do their trapeze performance, Snake will charm snakes, Dagger will throw knives, and Beast will finish it with a tiger taming performance."

"Joker?" Doll raised her hand so that his attention could be focused on her. "What about me and Rose? You forgot to mention our performance."

"Well, to switch things up, I'll have 'ee two perform. But, before 'ee end your performance, call on on a volunteer from the audience!"

"Wow!" My eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. "Doll, that's a great idea! Right?"

"It is!" She smiled. "But, who should we call on?"

"Someone who looks excited!" Joker suggested. "Happy! It's up to you two to decide!"

"Right!" We nodded in agreement.

"Places everyone!" Joker laughed. "We're about to start our first performance in beautiful London, England!"