Chapter 12- Sugar, We're Going Down

Začať od začiatku

                Time’s almost near my dear, things are about to change, - Unknown.

                What is this supposed to mean? Is this a cryptic threat from Drew, or is Adrian trying to scare me? Did the freaking mafia finally find me and they want to recruit? No, I don’t think I’d make a good addition to the mob.

                “What are you doing, you look like someone just told you leprechauns aren’t real,” Adrian’s voice taunts as he suddenly appears in my doorway. I need to remember to lock that door, he’s like a ninja, a rude and evil ninja.

                “I got a weird text,” I mumble in a complete state of shock.

                “Let me see,” my statement doesn’t seem to alarm Adrian as he takes a couple of strides towards my bed. He snatches the phone out my hands, never one for subtleties, and reads the text over.

                “Shit,” he grumbles under his breath, nevertheless, in my quiet room I still managed to hear.

                “What, what’s going on?” I will finally admit, reluctantly, that I, Khloe Mason, was panicking. My usual calm and composed demeanor finally crumbling as I realize the threat was real. Sure, I’d been afraid of Drew and the guys before, like pee your pants scared, but now this was something that sent a wave of fear strangely rippling through my body.

                “Damn it, Khloe breathe, before I slap some sense into you,” I hear Adrian’s obnoxious voice in the background as I feel the walls closing in on me.

                “Is Lord Voldemort himself out to get me?” I exclaim as I compose myself.

                “You really are a nerd, aren’t you? And no, it’s someone else. Don’t worry about that right now. What you do need to do is figure out how you want Drew to find out, because sadly, you’re time’s up,” Adrian tosses my phone on the bed as he rubs a hand over his face tiredly.

                “How do you know who it was from?” I cock my head to the side to look at him skeptically.

                “I told you I know things and before you ask, no, I’m not telling you who it was because you’re not ready for that truth,” Adrian just thinks he knows everything.

                “I don’t want to tell Drew, what if he goes all psycho on me, I’m not a cat I only have this one life and am very much attached to it,” I ramble.

                “Look, he can’t get fucking mad, or at least too much, he handed Lucy to you and told you to run, so you did. Build a bridge and get over it, plus I have your back,” he shrugs carelessly.

                Adrian really has no care, does he?

                “One thing that has been going through my mind though, since when did you know Drew was Lucy’s brother, or ‘father,’ since that’s what you originally thought?” Adrian asks curiously as he looks at me before patting my head like a dog.

                I think that’s his way of saying, ‘I’m here for you.’

                “The first day you guys got to school, when Lucas was trying to flirt with me and you guys caught him. The moment I heard Drew’s voice, I knew he was the one that had given me Lucy that night,” I puff out a breath, making a few strands of hair to blow upwards.