Chapter 12- Sugar, We're Going Down

Začít od začátku

                That thought has me fishing my phone out and looking at the last text from Drew.

                Ignoring me isn’t going to work, cupcake. You’ll learn, I can picture the smirk he must’ve sent this text with. He can be so annoying sometimes but I have to admit, knowing that I’m one of the few people that see his more caring side is pretty awesome. I smile at the memories of Drew showing a somewhat nicer guy to me, I don’t think I ever want to see him pissed if Adrian’s right about Drew’s temper.

                “Here try this one on too,” Sammy’s voice snaps me out of my internal rambling as a dark purple dress falls on top of my head over the door. The dark fabric gives off a shimmer as light hits it, the sweetheart neckline designed with a bit of sequins but not much. It’s simple yet beautiful, I try it on without hesitation.

                “It’s cute but I don’t think I should wear it, I mean I’d have nowhere to take it,” I mumble looking down as I step out of the dressing room.

                “Are you kidding, you look great and you totally do have somewhere to wear it,” Ruby exclaims as she steps out in a red vintage style number.

                “Where?” I turn to look at her, appraising her choice with a nod.

                “Adrian told me your birthday’s coming up in about a week, so you’ll wear it to the party I’ve planned,” Sammy informs as she steps out in a cute little black dress that completely goes with her figure.

                “I don’t think so,” I say uncertainly.

                “You’re going to your party, I’ve worked hard for this and Kohl’s going to give you a very special gift,” Sammy bargains.

                “How can you plan a party so short notice, we barely know each other,” I question.

                “Adrian told me and hello, my brother’s Drew, he can get anything done, you’ll know one day,” Sammy winks before turning back to the mirror.

                Why do people keep acting like Drew and I, are a thing? There’s nothing there.  

                “Fine,” I finally give in causing the girls to squeal in excitement before heading over to pay for our choices. After buying accessories because we just had to, according to them, we finally head home. Sammy and I are dropped off on my driveway and Adrian immediately pops up out of nowhere to give his girlfriend a ride home. They make such a cute couple, her bubbly personality with his in complete contrast, is just cute.

                “I’m home,” I call out as I head inside with hands full of bags.

                “Did they make you get something for our birthday?” Kohl pops out of the top of the staircase, carrying Lucy in his arms. I smile at my brother.

                “Yeah, they did, thanks for the heads up about the party,” I complain.

                “You know now, so what’s the big deal?”

                “I also heard something about a present,” I bait causing him to smirk.

                “Nope little sis, until your birthday,” he shakes his head before disappearing down the hallway. I head into my room to put all the stuff I bought away, good thing I have a big room. After a while I find myself bored out of my mind, I throw myself onto my bed face down. I dig my phone out of my pocket as I feel the vibration of an incoming text tickle me.