Duel

Diana's P.O.V

"You Diana Graham will be hanged for treason. Going against the Crown. Disrespecting the Crown. As a British woman you are our subject. Your fowl words brought you here. The execution will take place now on the King's land we are currently standing on. "The redcoat stated as a different one held my tied hands.

Apparently it wasn't a good idea to shout out 'fuck the Crown ' infront of English officers. Oops.

I was led to a podium and placed infront of the rope. My hair was all over the place and blood tricked from my nose and forehead where I have been injured beforehand.

The people of Mackenzie land looked at the redcoats with disgust while others looked at me with sadness. Angus on the other hand still thrashed being held by atleast five of the redcoats. He was going to be hanged too for trying to save me.

Everything was silent and I hoped that someone will stand up and stop them but of course there was also the other part of me that didn't want someone doing that incase they themselves would be killed

I held my head up high breathing in slowly. I showed no fear in my eyes which the leader of the redcoats didn't like glaring at me. The other officers pointed their guns at me incase I decided to run. well I think I will try to run.... Being shot is less tragic than suffocating. I don't want to chicken out though to show that I do have courage and that I'm not a coward.

I was pushed forward and the executor put the rope around my neck. That was the moment I was going to die but wait....

"Emm sorry sir. " I shouted at the leader.

"Yes? " he growled.

"Well you know before I get hung and suffocated to death by your lovely friend... " I tried to find out the executors name.

"Jeffrey.. " He answered confused.

"Hello Jeffrey how you doing? " I asked with a smile and he smiled back.

"Well-. " He didn't get to finsih the sentence because of his leader.

"Enough!!! Hang her God dammit! " He shouted but of course I had to carry on.

"It's very impolite to cut in sir. Jeffrey and I had a very nice conversation there... But anyway before I get hung by the lovely Jeffrey I have to say something. " I stated and by the time I finished the sentence the crowd looked at me shocked and some sighed while the leader was all red looking like he was about to explode.

"What do you want?! " He gritted his teeth and my smile widened.

"I just want to say dear Mackenzie people thank you for being so welcome. Fuck the Crown. You Mr have anger issues also your a coward. Sorry chihuahua for beating you up. Broden your a great friend. Sheep can also be black. Robert you probably don't hear me but sorry I was the one that ate your cookies. And..... Pink is also a man's colour guys don't be afraid to wear it. -"

"Enough that's enough!!!! How dare you call me a coward!!!! " He shouted.

"Because you would not agree to my proposition. " I answered smugly.

"Which is? " He asked eagerly.

"Me you a duel. No mercy one of us will walk away alive one of us will die. Angus will be set free so will I. Your mates will not take revenge it will be done traditionally and fairly. If you die one of them will write a letter to your king saying you were the cause of the duel and you agreed to my terms. " I bargained looking at him with a hard stare.

"You are still the King's subject I won't be able to set you free. I agree to all the other terms. If I win we will carry on with executing Angus Mackenzie. "The redcoat said with a smile probably thinking he can beat me. If I say something else then the deal will probably be off. If I have to sacrifice my life for the good of the man that sacrificed his for me then I will.

"Deal. " I answered. Jeffrey freed my hands from the ropes and my neck from the other rope. I walked down the podium and give Angus a quick glance. The time froze as everybody stared at me wide eyed and Angus started thrashing again trying to stop me.

"lass don't do it! " He shouted but I ignored him taking a hold of a sword I was handed. I traced the cold blade with my finger and smiled at me reflection. Attractive wasn't one of the words you would describe me from the looks of it.

"You ready girl. " A voice brought me back to reality and once again I heard the commotion around me. People stepped back giving us enough space. Angus still shouted telling me to stop and some people in the crowd cheered me on while others stood there completely speechless.... I wonder where Connor was... Talk about the devil and the devil shall appear.

"Diana!!!!!!" I could hear his voice yet couldn't see him. my opponent took his stance and we circled eachother.

He was the one that attacked first aiming for my stomach. I dodged it and from there everything felt like it was in slow motion. The sounds were muffled as we danced to the sound of nothingness. It was only him and me and our swords clashing against each other. From my point of view it looked magical.

I blocked his sword as it came down on me. Twisting around like in a dance I let my body and reflexes do their thing. Gracefully I bowed down cutting his stomach. His eyes showed that he was in pain but he didn't fall he continued on fighting holding onto his guts. They were literally about to fall out... No joke. I least expected his sword to graze my face but it did leaving a little scratch like cut on my right cheek.

This got me really bad and I unleashed my fury. Swiftly I blocked his sword once again and jumped side ways plunging the sword into his heart. The man fell to the ground while I wiped the blood that trickled down my cut cheek with my sleeve.

Breathless I looked around to see the people of the village cheering. I turned around to come face to face with Connor. He looked at me with concern in his eyes.

The adrenaline was gone and I felt something warm oozing from my side. I looked down and saw alot of blood..... Everything started to become blurry and the numbness increased. My legs became weak and all I saw before I was swallowed by darkness was a figure running towards me.

"Sheep can also be black..... " I mumbled out of nowhere as I drifted off.