Afraid to Love

4:02pm

Ladies Changing Room

Heather twisted the fabric of her veil in between her fingers nervously asJules watched her shifting back and forth.

"That white makes you look more pale than you already are."

"Wow.Has anyone told you how great you are at pep talks?" Heather inhaled and exhaled slowly trying to settle her nerves.

"You look beautiful, Heath."

"Gag."

Heather's mother appeared by the door with a huge smile on her face. When she saw her daughter tears began to fill her eyes as she walked over to them slowly.

"Oh,Heather." She choked back her tears and smiled slightly. "You look so beautiful."

"Told ya." said Jules.

Heather's mother caressed her daughters face. "You have your father's eyes. He'd be so proud. I just wish he could be here with us today."

"Me too, mommy." said Heather as she held back her tears with a quiet laugh.

Front of Chapel

"Nervous?"asked Brandon rubbing his hands together.

"No. Not at all." replied Jason walking back and forth across the altar.

"Stop rubbing your nose then."

"I can't."

Jason sneezed then took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"You're getting married, dude. Wow." said Brandon crossing his arms.

"It's crazy, right? Thirteen years old; star struck that the pretty blonde girl wanted to see me again after I spilled my strawberry shake on her blue jeans." he opened his eyes and looked at the cross in front of them. "Now we're eighteen and I'm gonna be spilling my heart out to her today."

"Okay there, Nicholas Sparks." joked Brandon running his fingers through his hair with a soft laugh.

"I love her, Bran."

"I know you do, bro."

Brandon placed his hand on Jason's shoulder as they both smiled with tears gathering in their eyes. "Let's get you married, kid."

Hopsital Room