"Yes."

12:38 pm

Hospital Room

"You two are so cute. It sickens me."

Jules stuck her pointer finger down her throat and pretended to gag as Jason continued to french braid his girlfriend's hair.

"It's all in time Juju Bug, you'll find true love." said Jason mockingly as he planted a kiss on Heather's right cheek.

"HA maybe." joked Heather as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Julia Henderson doesn't fall in love with anyone else besides her good grades."

"Funny guys how about-"

The door opened as they all turned their heads to Brandon; the room falling completely silent.

"It's like I'm a psychic. Didn't I say just two minutes ago that you'd find true love? Looks like true love found you!"

"Hilarious,don't make me laugh." said Brandon as he tossed a small cardboard box towards Jason who caught it with shaky hands. "You're welcome by the way. Had to explain to your mom why I had your house keys-again."

Jules shifted in her seat and looked in the opposite direction avoiding eye contact.

"Thanks, best friend. You're so kind!" winked Jason.

"What's in the box?" asked Heather lying back into her pillow.

"All in good time, babe."

The four Shanport High seniors sat in silence until Heather couldn't take it anymore.

"Well...this is all great and awkward."

Jules coughed and looked down at her feet as Brandon scratched the back of his neck and yawned.

"I'm glad someone else is finally addressing the tension in this room."laughed Jason nervously as he rubbed his hands on his black sweats.

"Tension?Why would there be tension?" asked Jules as she finally looked up still avoiding Brandon's gaze.

"No reason, just the fact that I've caught lover boy staring at you like a psycho at least five times now." said Heather.

"I'm not a psycho, Heath." sighed Brandon as he leaned against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

"You look like one."

"I think what we should be addressing is what's in that ugly box that Jase keeps looking at on the table." said Jules trying to swiftly change the subject.