harry potter

two almost lovers are reminded of each other.
harry potter x ravenclaw! reader, no warnings

Blue, to him, was the most beautiful color in the world. It stood for everything marvelous. It was the waves of the black lake kissing the shore in the early morning as the sky reflected upon it. The place he met her. It was the shade of her quidditch robes as she sped past him on the pitch. He had spent too many matches gazing at her and not the golden speck across the pitch. It was the small flecks of forget-me-not in her eyes. It was her

Red, to her, was somehow the most brilliant in her eyes. Every small shade of red across the castle reminded her of him. It was the mix of garnet and gold on the tie she desperately craved to pull off of him. It was the fall leaves of that one oak tree where she frequently watched him study. It was the ruby in the ring she received as a secret Santa gift last year. She secretly hoped it was from him as he eagerly awaited her opening the velvet box across the room.

Yet, as the two continued to gaze from afar, the dumbstruck boy and heart-eyed never once thought to combine the two. Violet colors shifted and fluttered past them but they neither noticed. It was the dress she had worn to the Yule ball while he gazed angrily from across the room. It was the small bruises that littered his neck in sixth year, no doubt from that weasley girl, as he strut down the hall with a lazy smile and a half-ass attempt to cover them.

Harry Potter and Y/N L/N would always feel something for the other when these colors came around. However, as they aged and as they slowly fell in love with other souls, the pangs of remembrance would only stab softer.