Meeting Katherine

Mystic Falls
1864

It was bright and early in the morning when Daniela had awaken from slumber. She was told the day before that an orphaned girl, Katherine Pierce, would be staying with them for awhile. She had quickly gotten dressed and ran outside to find that their guest had already made her way into their home.

"You must be Daniela Salvatore. I'm Ms.Pierce, but please, call me Katherine." She said giving a bow to Daniela and smiling at her. Daniela returning the bow, her smile, and said "It is a pleasure of making your acquaintance, Katherine."

"Oh please, we will be much more then acquaintances Ms. Daniela, at least friends at the most."

"But of course, only time will tell Katherine."

"I can already tell we will be. Damon and Stefan have told me much about you, you truly are the lovable little sister."

Daniela giggled and said, "Thank you. Maybe we should go see what my brothers are up to."

"Indeed."

•••

Daniela was with Stefan in the forest. They were walking around, having a nice conversation as siblings ,like they usual do. It was always her favorite moments to go out here with her brother. Daniela became lost in her thoughts, thinking about the beauty here in this little world of hers and appreciating her humanity, that most people will never appreciate.

"Ella...Daniela, are you listening to me?" Stefan asked.

She quickly came back to reality to see that Stefan was with her.

"Oh I'm so sorry ,Stefan. I had become distracted by something. Please, tell me what you were talking about dear brother."

"I had been just telling you about my feelings, for Ms. Pierce."

"You mean Katherine?"

"Yes."

"What about her? What do you feel for her Stefan? Is it love I presume."

She smirked at him and he smiled at her.

"Guilty as charged baby sister. But I can't describe the love that I have for Katherine. It's—"

"Passionate, irresistible, unconditional, predictable, and inevitable feelings of love that you have for her."

"Well I was just going to say it's beautiful but your statement works out as well." He grins at her and she smiled at him.

"Maybe we should head back and see if father needs anything for us to tend too."

"But of course, we shall." She hooked her arms with Stefan and they walked all the way back home.

•••

"Damon let me win!"

She was playing a croquet game with Damon. It was her first time playing it and she was missing badly.

"But that would mean that you would win. And that would not be fair since I am not the one losing, like you."

"Did you really have to be that honest?"